Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Im pretty sure they offered Carr a long term contract similar to Pardew

Maybe Ashley will hire Graham's son to continue the 'comedy' up at the Toon.

Its actually funny at the moment. A word never used to associate with Alan Carr

Cabaye, Santon, Debuchy, Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa may not have been hidden gems, but to find those type of quality players available for the fee's he found them for (bar maybe Debuchy's) was superb business.

Then shouldn't Llambias be the one getting the praise? I'm under the impression that he's usually the one who does the negotiating and does up the contracts.

• Like 1

We need a volunteer to go up to Newcastle and take Kinnear down the pub, with a tape recorder. 

I'm not prepared to go that far but I'm happy to search the net for the latest ramblings of the Geordie nations new messiah.

Here you go. Enjoy :)

Joe Kinnear has launched a passionate defence of his appointment as director of football at Newcastle.

In a wide-ranging interview with The Sunday Times, the former manager has blasted Toon legend Alan Shearer, claimed he had been stitched-up by talkSport and apologised to Newcastle fans.

The furore surrounding his new role at St James’ Park has been unrelenting and he attempted to set the records straight on various issues, including his mispronunciation of Yohan Cabaye's surname as 'Kebab'.

article-0-1A606FEC000005DC-311_634x417.j

Defence: Newcastle's new director of football Joe Kinnear came out swinging in a Sunday Times interview

Shearer had criticised Kinnear's appointment and said it had turned the club into a laughing stock.

But Kinnear responded: 'What Shearer says is diabolical. This is a guy who hasn't got a club about coaching. Good in five-a-sides, though, so they tell me.

'The last game of the season he came up with the master idea of playing Damien Duff at left-back. Damien is one of the best left-wingers in the business, but he can't tackle. And we went down with an own goal from Damien. Shearer keeps slagging me off. He is being disrespectful to me. I am entitled to fight back.'

article-2346768-0C90212000000578-362_634

Rubbish: Kinnear labelled Shearer's comments 'diabolical' and said he 'hasn't got a clue' about coaching

Before he was officially appointed by Newcastle, Kinnear was interviewed by radio station talkSport in what has now become an infamous broadcast.

His rant saw him butcher the names of several players, insult Newcastle supporters and make several untrue statements.

But Kinnear claims that talkSport tricked him by putting him through to presenter Andy Goldstein, rather than co-host Bobby Gould, his former boss at Wimbledon, who called him up initially.

Kinnear said: 'I did it (the interview) as a favour and I am so disappointed. I was on air and he switched me to the other presenter. I thought I was going to speak to Bobby about the old days.' 

AUDIO Scroll down for Joe Kinnear talking to talkSport

article-2346768-199EE25E000005DC-325_634

Farce: Kinnear admitted mangling Cabaye's name but says he called him 'Keba' not 'Kebab'

article-2346768-005DD6D300000258-444_634

Stitched up? Kinnear says he thought he was going to talk to Bobby Gould about the good old days

He also claimed that he did not call Cabaye 'Kebab' and that his critics added the 'b' themselves.

'Yohan is a brilliant player and I didn't pronounce his name right. But I didn't say "Kebab". I said "Keba" and they put the "b" onto it. They made a meal of it, no pun intended. Typical journalists, but it is my own fault and I regret what I said about the supporters.'

Kinnear added that he has the utmost respect for Newcastle fans and that they are the most important people at the club.

He also dismissed the idea that chief scout Graham Carr was going to leave and said they have spoken and are convinced they would get on well with each other.

He also claims that he is under more pressure than Newcastle manager Alan Pardew and the idea of him becoming the boss was 'not in the equation'.

article-0-1A620FD1000005DC-680_634x399.j

Natural progression: Kinnear said he has the experience for the job after playing and managing in some of the top stadiums in the world

article-2344990-0664522C000005DC-161_634

Gone: Derek Llambias (right) walked out after Mike Ashley's appointment of Kinnear

Kinnear said: 'Everybody thinks Pardew is under pressure. He's not. I am. I could get sacked,' before adding that he would take charge if asked, should Pardew be sacked or resign.

After Kinnear's appointment managing director Derek Llambias walked out, while Pardew fears a host of players could follow him out the door.

Shearer said on Thursday: 'Where do we start? What I do know is that right now people are laughing at the football club I support. And that sickens me.

'I promised myself years ago never to be surprised by what happens in football - particularly when it comes to Newcastle. But this situation really is stretching it a bit.

'While other clubs are all plotting and planning for next season, Newcastle have a manager who has just been totally undermined.

'Alan Pardew has said he will carry on but I am sure it will be a difficult situation.'

He added: 'As for that announcement, what are the players to think when he can't even get their names right? It's all a PR disaster.'

But Kinnear carries proudly on, and even defended his previous claims that he had won three manager of the year awards, despite arguments to the contrary. 

He cited the LMA manager of the season award (93-94), Sky Sports manager of the year award (1996) and a riband for manager of the year (97) - voted for by Daily Mirror readers.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2346768/Joe-Kinnear-Sunday-Times-interview-He-attacks-Alan-Shearer-says-joke-reveals-Newcastle-role.html#ixzz2X23nprev 

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

He also claimed that he did not call Cabaye 'Kebab' and that his critics added the 'b' themselves.

'Yohan is a brilliant player and I didn't pronounce his name right. But I didn't say "Kebab". I said "Keba" and they put the "b" onto it.

I doner believe his explanation.

But Kinnear carries proudly on, and even defended his previous claims that he had won three manager of the year awards, despite arguments to the contrary. 

He cited the LMA manager of the season award (93-94), Sky Sports manager of the year award (1996) and a riband for manager of the year (97) - voted for by Daily Mirror readers.

brick-lol.gif

He's here for one reason and one reason only. To ruffle feathers and get Pardew to quit.

If he's successful which he will be, Newcastle will be rid of Pardew for far less than they thought, and the fans will be so incensed and unruly that the next manager will be a godsend to them, and doubtless more competent than Pardew.

NUFC fans don't like Ashley anyway, so a trick like this will mean nothing to him. Best case scenario for the ruin of Newcastle would be Pardew stubbornly doesn't quit, meaning Kinnear and Ashley will endeavour to undermine him more and more, resulting in Newcastle being dragged further deeper down until the camel's back breaks and Newcastle are relegated, forcing Ashley to sack Pardiola and Kinnear, and appoint a new manager. But then Newcastle's "uncovered gems" Carr found (who will also have quit) will leave, leaving Newcastle up shit creek in the championship with a large budget and harder to get out of.

But sadly this scenario won't happen.

His right about shearer.

The man is clearly mental though.

absolutely spot on about Shearer, I do remember being puzzled as to why Duff played left back that day they went down

If he's successful which he will be, Newcastle will be rid of Pardew for far less than they thought, 

They only have to pay him a year's wage to fire him though. It's hardly worth it

So Ashley's grand plan is to hire a senile old bloke to come in and piss Pardew off so much that he quits, during which time, the club is turned into a laughing stock and 80% of their first team jump ship.

Seems legit.

Â