Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bruce sets up teams not to lose and to be fair he is very good at it. Eddie Howe won’t set them up that way. I reckon they’ll start leaking goals for fun. 

I admit their fully fit first 11 should be good enough to stay up though.  Relegation is Norwich, Watford and one other. Hope we don’t get dragged in to the battle for the one other. 

Ciaran Clark popping it about like Bonucci should be interesting 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bruce sets up teams not to lose and to be fair he is very good at it. Eddie Howe won’t set them up that way. I reckon they’ll start leaking goals for fun. 

I admit their fully fit first 11 should be good enough to stay up though.  Relegation is Norwich, Watford and one other. Hope we don’t get dragged in to the battle for the one other. 

Even if the first 11 is good enough to stay up, they might not be able to play that team regularly/ever and they already have a handicap. It would be difficult for whoever got the job.

On 05/11/2021 at 10:27, useless said:

My concern for them would be if Howe tries to change things too fast, they have a squad suited to a certain style of footall, that is the football that Bruce and Benitez had them playing, I'm sure their current squad is capable of improving the way they play to a certain degree, but if Howe tries to change things too fast by asking them to suddenly play as a possession based team it could go wrong for them.

Why would this be a concern? If that's the outcome I positively encourage plenty of quick change 😁

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Eddie Howe appointed. 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Poor grammar, but let me explain, they offered him the job and he accepted. 

:blush:

Are you ok today, Mooney? First, Dylan lyrics and now some gentle language humour. 

20 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so which Liverpool reject will he choose to spunk 30m on do we think?

Oxlade-Chamberlain is a certain.

Wrong age, injury-prone, expensive wages and not really that good.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

so which Liverpool reject will he choose to spunk 30m on do we think?

Is Shaqiri still there?

Origi scored yesterday so feels the sort who'll end up at Newcastle eventually.

Howe never really that good at signing CBs either at Bournemouth so expect one of those awful CBs Liverpool had last season to end up there on loan, Nat Phillips perhaps.

Â