Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Part of me suspects they'll just about stay up, as they'll spend £200m on 5 or 6 mid-table calibre players (Tarkowski etc) in January, and the other part thinks Howe will waste that £200m on utter shit like he did at Bournemouth once they'd established themselves and they'll be the richest team in the EFL in 6 months time.

I suspect they'll just about stay up unfortunately, because it'd be beyond hilarious if they went down and the owners **** off 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Part of me suspects they'll just about stay up, as they'll spend £200m on 5 or 6 mid-table calibre players (Tarkowski etc) in January, and the other part thinks Howe will waste that £200m on utter shit like he did at Bournemouth once they'd established themselves and they'll be the richest team in the EFL in 6 months time.

I suspect they'll just about stay up unfortunately, because it'd be beyond hilarious if they went down and the owners **** off 

I’m not so sure, bringing 6 or so players in in January isn’t easy, if they do they still need to hit the ground running, hopefully they don’t get any of their preferred targets and get relegated 

The home game against Norwich on Tuesday really is a must win.  Lose that and I don’t see where enough wins will come from?

History shows that most teams after 13/14 games and on 6/7 points don’t avoid the drop.

They’re in serious, serious trouble.

• Like 1

After their next two games, they then play Leicester, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, and Everton over the rest of December. Even if they were to beat both Norwich and Burnley - which I think is unlikely, they will be doing well to get four points - they'd still only be putting themselves within touching distance of safety, before likely losing ground again before the new year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Depends.

If they're cut adrift by January it will be difficult to attract those players.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Depends.

If they're cut adrift by January it will be difficult to attract those players.

Indeed, they're either going to need to sign players with release clauses, or sign players who care more about the money than the fact they're likely to be playing in the second tier next season. What an unfortunate position to be in. :) 

• Like 1

6 points in the mud is a lot in terms of historically knowing that it generally means they’re dead.

But then if they get some good players in during January it’s only 2 wins. 

I’d love it, love it if they went down but they are a bit of a special case. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

January is a tough time to recruit! Especially getting players in for a relegation scrap… 

Every club knows they've got the cash, do they gamble with overpriced journeymen and hope it doesn't end in tears? Not sure they are going to get the right kind of players for a relegation scrap. That defence is hideous.

• Like 1

Â