Christian Benteke

Kwan

For the striker role I'm not sure we need to be so fussed about experience. We clearly need more experience in the team, but its more in defence and midfield we're lacking that.

Up front we actually have Bent & Gabby who are two extremely experienced PL strikers, 500 PL games between them. I think Benteke would be here as another option who offers a different kind of threat to what we have, not someone who's likely to start every game.

According to his agent he's just a bit ill, but he will play against Luzern on Thursday. Still hope he doesn't come here though

Why don't you want him here?

Well he's not even proven himself in the (shitty) Belgian league -I think he's had a total of 2 games where he played decent enough- so let alone he'll make it here. Mind you, if he comes I 100% hope he proves me wrong. He might have the potential, but it's very very raw, and at the age of 21 that's just not good enough for me

Has he not got 16 goals in 38 games last season plus 3 in 5 this season. That's a decent record and if he can play the target man role well could work well with Bent and/or Gabby.

Not sure about his goalscoring record but it probably won't be far off. Still, one has to keep in mind that the opponents are not quite premier league standard :D

Not sure about this at all. We've got other priorities which urgently need to be addressed before entertaining the predictable mindgames from some delusional Belgian club.

If he comes, so be it, but don't hold yer breath..

According to his agent he's just a bit ill, but he will play against Luzern on Thursday. Still hope he doesn't come here though

Well he's not even proven himself in the (shitty) Belgian league -I think he's had a total of 2 games where he played decent enough- so let alone he'll make it here. Mind you, if he comes I 100% hope he proves me wrong. He might have the potential, but it's very very raw, and at the age of 21 that's just not good enough for me

Has he not got 16 goals in 38 games last season plus 3 in 5 this season. That's a decent record and if he can play the target man role well could work well with Bent and/or Gabby.

Not sure about his goalscoring record but it probably won't be far off. Still, one has to keep in mind that the opponents are not quite premier league standard :D

So basically you've got no idea about the guy but in your opininon he isn't good enough??

Only on VT.

So basically you've got no idea about the guy but in your opininon he isn't good enough??

Only on VT.

Not quite, just that I don't know exactly how many games he's played last season or how many goals he did score. I don't know that from half the villa squad either, doesn't mean that I've never seen them play.

Given the amount of times Bent touched the ball in an attacking context, I'd say it doesn't matter how many guns you buy if you don't have any bullets. Sort out the midfield and the goals will come. Having said that, I'd still quite like to see this guy come in as well. Just not at the expense of solving the real issue just behind the front line.

Only on VT.

Not quite, just that I don't know exactly how many games he's played last season or how many goals he did score. I don't know that from half the villa squad either, doesn't mean that I've never seen them play.

Is this some kind of bizzare riddle??

No goals or games I've seen, but see him play I have!???

Thanks for that, it was about as useful as a pair of sun glasses on a bloke with one ear!

i love how many players in our team and that we are linked to are 'not good enough' according to most posters on here.

i wonder if people go home and get served some dinner and just go 'not good enough'

TV 'not good enough'

life 'not good enough'

We need a target man and this fits the bill. Its exactly the type of signing we moaned about O'neill not doing (up and coming young player from abroad). Hopefully it'll work out over the next couple days.

I agree though priority is left back and midfield. Hopefully they will also happen.

The way i see it is

We can dream of shopping at Harrods but we know deep down that we will end up shopping at Lidl

We all want to sign this guy but deep down we know that we will end up with Kevin Doyle or Michael Owen on a free instead

i love how many players in our team and that we are linked to are 'not good enough' according to most posters on here.

i wonder if people go home and get served some dinner and just go 'not good enough'

TV 'not good enough'

life 'not good enough'

It's a by-product of today's instant gratification culture. +40" Flatscreen TV's they dont need and German Cars they can't really afford.

Larscapaldi is a Belgian Villa fan who has watch him play in the Belgian league and doesn't think he would make the step up to the premier league.

You guys can disagree if you like but there is no need to be patronising about it.

True. But I do think he's in a position where he could give us a more developed opinion than the one he is giving. All he has said is that he's not good enough, but doesn't really say why. He also doesn't give us much of a picture of the sort of player Benteke is, what he's good at, what he isn't etc.

It just gives us another option thats all - which we need! I also think a 6ft 3" striker would compliment the smaller Bent & Gabby, heading balls on to them etc...

EDIT: Ignore, He's 6ft3

I've read 6ft 3" & 6ft 5"

Wikipedia says 6ft 5"

but some reports saying 6ft 3"

Â