Christian Benteke

Kwan

Benteke has been crying out for a move to the Premier League all summer, said himself he's too young to join a top club but if he joined a team further down the league he'd still get the games to improve himself and test himself in a top league.

And then if he does well kick and scream for a move to a 'top' club and go on strike if we don't grant it to him. Ooh cynic mode activate.

A article from a Belgian website that Genk were currently considering our second bid. This Benetke info was obviously leaked by us given the amount of select reporters that got hold of the story i.e. Kendrick. We dont leak unless we know its close to being done or it is done.

A article from a Belgian website that Genk were currently considering our second bid. This Benetke info was obviously leaked by us given the amount of select reporters that got hold of the story i.e. Kendrick. We dont leak unless we know its close to being done or it is done.

Why would we leak it at all?

agent says on a report on the BBC website that Genk are acting like Benetke is at Eden Hazard's level, and the agent himself denies that he is ready to be considered that.

so we've offer 5.5mil (or thereabouts) and Genk think he;s worth 30mil......... yep can't see this one happening, as we've left it way too late for the player to strike and kick up enough fuss to get the move, Genk can just sit tight.

I think we'd have to offer way over 10mil to get him

Judging from what his agent is saying I think his one is a no go, for this window anyway. We've only offered £5.5m, an offer I can't see us vastly improving, and if Genk rate him highly I doubt they want to sell anyway (most clubs actually try to keep their best players) - something shown from lining him up to play on Thursday.

Looking like its the kid from Charlton and then business is concluded.

Happy days.

Don't take anything an agent says for truth. He'll be doing his best to manipulate the deal in whatever way works best for him, to make sure he gets his 10%. If he's going public it's to put some pressure on Genk or to try and bump up the fee so he gets a bigger cut.

Why would we leak it at all?

To keep reporters on side. If they have nothing to report, they are more likely to fill the space with something negative.

Don't take anything an agent says for truth. He'll be doing his best to manipulate the deal in whatever way works best for him, to make sure he gets his 10%. If he's going public it's to put some pressure on Genk or to try and bump up the fee so he gets a bigger cut.

He's came out and played down the player he represents, I doubt it's reverse psychology to try and make Genk think they don't need him.

Â