Christian Benteke

Kwan

Villa are notoriously quiet regarding transfer speculation.

I'm hopeful that because this has been 'leaked' by Nursey, Kendrick et al it means that the deal's looking positive.

There's always posturing by the selling club (just look at Whelan at Wigan as a template). If he wants to come, it will happen.

Wonder what MM has to say about it all?

Aston Villa are considering another move for Genk striker Christian Benteke after failing with a £5 million offer for the Belgium international.

Villa's opening bid for the 21-year-old - who is also believed to be interesting Fulham and Everton - has been rejected, according to the player's agent.

Eris Kismet said his client, who has just broken into the national team, has a strong desire to test himself in England but will only be allowed to leave if Genk's valuation is met.

Genk seem determined to hold out for a far larger fee because of comparisons between Benteke and new Chelsea star Eden Hazard.

"He's a Belgian player with half a good season behind him. Genk don't seem to want to collaborate," Kismet said.

"Christian has always said he wants to play in the Premier League. It's no use to compare him to Eden Hazard. He's not at that level, and far from it."

An Aston Villa spokesman said there is "ongoing interest" in the player but would not comment on the offer.

Villa manager Paul Lambert is eager to add more attacking options to his squad after losing his opening two Premier League fixtures against Everton and West Ham United.

Benteke has quickly earned himself a big reputation and is being tipped to be the next rising Belgian star to move to England.

He has scored three times in Genk's opening five games this season, and also scored on his international debut in Belgium's 4-2 defeat of Netherlands.

Kismet played down claims that his player, who scored 16 goals last season, had gone on strike after learning that Genk had turned down Villa's offer.

He said Benteke is ill but is expecting to feature in Genk's Europa League match with Lucerne on Thursday night.

http://tinyurl.com/9oyycxq

Their transfer dealer Buyat or Kismet whatever his name might be is such a conniving, money-milking and manipulating bastard. Don't fall for it AVFC.

Racing Genk posted this on Facebook: Benteke out with viral infection and will rejoin the team on monday.

DFQ?

If they're smart enough they should sell him and get a cheaper striker like de Ceulaer cause 5.5 million is actually too much for Benteke.

Yeah i've now managed to get myself into a mindset where i'll be gutted if we don't sign him even though i've never seen him play. Damn you Kendrick.

exactly :@ I was well excited he could have been like Cisse/Ba

Still we might manage to pull it off. Unless they really rate him like Hazard (30m+)

Yeah i've now managed to get myself into a mindset where i'll be gutted if we don't sign him even though i've never seen him play. Damn you Kendrick.

exactly :@ I was well excited he could have been like Cisse/Ba

Still we might manage to pull it off. Unless they really rate him like Hazard (30m+)

We should just show them a video of Harewood and tell them that one good season doesn't make a world beater.

Seriously though if he was at Hazards level other clubs than us, Fulham and Everton would be after him at the minute.

According to his agent he's just a bit ill, but he will play against Luzern on Thursday. Still hope he doesn't come here though

Why don't you want him here?

Well he's not even proven himself in the (shitty) Belgian league -I think he's had a total of 2 games where he played decent enough- so let alone he'll make it here. Mind you, if he comes I 100% hope he proves me wrong. He might have the potential, but it's very very raw, and at the age of 21 that's just not good enough for me

According to his agent he's just a bit ill, but he will play against Luzern on Thursday. Still hope he doesn't come here though

Why don't you want him here?

Well he's not even proven himself in the (shitty) Belgian league -I think he's had a total of 2 games where he played decent enough- so let alone he'll make it here. Mind you, if he comes I 100% hope he proves me wrong. He might have the potential, but it's very very raw, and at the age of 21 that's just not good enough for me

Has he not got 16 goals in 38 games last season plus 3 in 5 this season. That's a decent record and if he can play the target man role well could work well with Bent and/or Gabby.

Â