Christian Benteke

Kwan

**** sake, I went to bed all optimistic last night after all the speculation on VT. Another day of nothingness I see!

The focus today for the manager at least will be on tonights game. Hopefully we will see some more activity tomorrow and Thursday. Time is running short :notsure:

It just gives us another option thats all - which we need! I also think a 6ft 3" striker would compliment the smaller Bent & Gabby, heading balls on to them etc...

EDIT: Ignore, He's 6ft3

I've read 6ft 3" & 6ft 5"

Wikipedia says 6ft 5"

but some reports saying 6ft 3"

Yeah, think all of the reports iv'e read, have said he's 6 ft 3".. Still tall :P

Plus, with the amount of effort (or lack of) that will be put in tonight, would you give them a day off?

The longer this goes on, the more I'm expecting the 'ran out of time' excuse...it's a shame we haven't had months to address these problems...if only there was a long period of time, a window if you will, in which transfers can be made, rather than this 1 week gap we find ourselves in...if only...

Larscapaldi is a Belgian Villa fan who has watch him play in the Belgian league and doesn't think he would make the step up to the premier league.

You guys can disagree if you like but there is no need to be patronising about it.

True. But I do think he's in a position where he could give us a more developed opinion than the one he is giving. All he has said is that he's not good enough, but doesn't really say why. He also doesn't give us much of a picture of the sort of player Benteke is, what he's good at, what he isn't etc.

Well Benteke actually plays the position Bent is in, which for me is the biggest problem, because imo if there's a position we don't need reinforcements in it's probably Bent's.

On his day Benteke is unplayable, but those days are rare, when he wants something, he's got a desire to succeed, so he wants to come here but Genk won't let him, if eventually it goes through he'll do what is in his power to make it here as a player. But most importantly the manager must always keep him motivated, as he's one who needs a lot of man management.

In comparison to Bent, you could say Bent plays a lot of the game with his brains, Benteke would be playing impulsively, also he's not one who creates chances himself, he's more the goalpoacher type. He may be a big fella, but I've never seen him play as a targetman. If he'd been playing in that position he could possibly make a good partnership with Bent, but I don't see that happening. His technique is okay as well (better than Gabby's that's for sure) but when it's not his day he's one of the most frustrating players to watch.

Not much more I can tell you really, you can see the guy has got some talent (I'd say he may be as good as that other Belgian, Lukaku) but as I said earlier it's very very raw. If we're getting him for the future I'm all for giving him a chance -although £5.5M is exaggerated- but at the moment we've got much bigger issues to deal with than our strikeforce.

The agent of Genk striker Christian Benteke has denied reports the player is on strike but "unhappy" after a bid from Aston Villa was rejected by the Belgian club.

Benteke's representative, Eris Kismet, revealed the "dream" of the 21-year-old to play in the Barclays Premier League.

But Genk have turned down what Kismet describes as "a very good bid" for the Belgium international.

Kismet told Press Association Sport: "It is not true to say he (Benteke) has gone on strike - but he is not happy with the situation either.

"Very simply, he wants to go and play in England, in the Premier League. That is his dream.

"You play football to make an impression so you can live your dream and when the football club is not being co-operative, you have got a problem.

"Aston Villa have made a very good bid and it has been refused. Will they make a new bid? The big issue is how Genk behave. It is the dream of every player to play in the Premier League."

Benteke has been watched on several occasions by Villa and manager Paul Lambert has stepped up his interest and hopes to conclude a deal before the transfer window shuts on Friday.

The player has netted three times in five games this season after being on target 18 times during the 2011-12 campaign in all competitions. He also scored for his country for the first time in the 4-2 win over Holland earlier this month in what was his fifth appearance.

Villa are also believed to be interested in another striker in Ivory Coast international Yannick Sagbo, who is currently on loan to French top flight side Evian from Ligue 2 Monaco.

http://tinyurl.com/9sl3mwm

Â