Christian Benteke

Kwan

I aggree, if hes the sort of player to go on strike when he doesnt get his own way then i'd be very worried about him. If he can go on strike at Genk he can go on strike at Villa. IMO move on if its factual hes gone on strike

He's clearly a young lad and wants to force through a move to the premier league. With the way their director is talking he clearly feels it is necessary.

ha ha true pro

Oh well at least we'll probably still get him

I also like this quote from him, not exactly bigging us up

"For a top club I think I’m still too short. A small club would allow me to more easily integrate without pressure, ”

I aggree, if hes the sort of player to go on strike when he doesnt get his own way then i'd be very worried about him. If he can go on strike at Genk he can go on strike at Villa. IMO move on if its factual hes gone on strike

Move on? To who? We haven't really got this luxury with just a few days left have we? Not ideal by any means, but we need to tie this up, strike or no strike. And unpalatable as it is, frankly if it gets the deal done then he will have done us a favour.

Don't like the sound of this guy from that quote and his latest actions

BUT

If we are to be a stepping stone for him lets use him for a few years to improve ourselves then sell him on when he wants to move and buy someone better etc....

We can use each other to improve ourselves

Move on? To who? We haven't really got this luxury with just a few days left have we? Not ideal by any means, but we need to tie this up, strike or no strike. And unpalatable as it is, frankly if it gets the deal done then he will have done us a favour.

I dont aggree. I know for a fact if say Darren Bent went and did the same today if we rejected a bid from a top 6 club this place would go into meltdown........

sorry, if hes got that in his locker then Id be very wary.

I dont aggree. I know for a fact if say Darren Bent went and did the same today if we rejected a bid from a top 6 club this place would go into meltdown........

What about if we sign this guy and he scores the goals that keep us up? Worth it?

Who knows Bent could really thrive playing next to him.

Its to late for the board to be faffing around with fees

What did they expect for clubs to bend over and take low offers? your meant to do this at the start of the window so there is room for negotiation but typical villa we leave it until the final week

We need bodies in desperately

The clock is ticking sort it out

Of course we'd be pissed off and rightly so. It's a shity way to behave. BUT if in the meantime he's given us 2-3 years high quality service, maybe having been the difference between a relegation scrap or not, then the possibility of being a pissed off at some point in the future (whilst hopefully making a healthy profit) is probably a price worth paying?

Have to laugh at the holier than thou posters "dont want him if he's got that in his locker"" etc. 1. We don't have the bloody luxury of time right now! 2. It was only so long ago Ron Vlaar and his agent were talking shite re:us 3. Isn't it a good thing the lad really wants the move? 4. WE DONT HAVE THE BLOODY LUXURY OF TIME RIGHT NOW!

Â