Christian Benteke

Kwan

What is that Hazard comparison by his agent all about? (apologies if this has been explained but VT is very slow and trawling through 14 pages for an answer is not appealing)

Just saying the club were pricing him like he's Hazard, and that it's unrealistic. No more than that.

I think that given how public our offer has been this deal is pretty much done (based on other deals we've done this summer).

Does anyone remember a rejected bid we've made for a player this summer who did not then join us?

I think that given how public our offer has been this deal is pretty much done (based on other deals we've done this summer).

Does anyone remember a rejected bid we've made for a player this summer who did not then join us?

I know what you mean.

and I know that Randy isn't flavor of the month at the moment - but most time we've got our man. However trawling around the web the balance of the chatter is that this one is slipping away from us.

really hope not

I know what you mean.

and I know that Randy isn't flavor of the month at the moment - but most time we've got our man. However trawling around the web the balance of the chatter is that this one is slipping away from us.

really hope not

Like MON, when Lambert mentions a player by name then it's rare the deal does not get done.

Poacher type apparently.

the new Amos Brearley?

Surely you mean Seth Armstrong or more recently Zack Dingle??

Amos ran the pub with Mr Wilks and was far too upstanding citizen to be involved in illegal activities?? :oops:

Anyway I am with the school of thought that so far this season we have always got our man when the deal is this public.

Guardian are reporting that Gent are asking villa to double the £5.5m offer - if they are being serious this ones dead in the water - can't see us going much higher than £6.5 - £7m

If they want more than that then we should just walk away. Fingers crossed that we get him for under £7 million and hopefully he will end up being worth more than what we pay.

Â