Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think it may have been a conscious decision to use Benteke has a drag the defenders away man yesterday and not to pass to him much it happened time and time again. This fixture last season Benteke didn't get a sniff, probably his quietest game...so yesterday we seen time and time again players not passing to him whilst defenders were dragged away. The first goal nobody expected Gabby to run all the way through the defenders were busy with Benteke. Delph hitting the post - again everybody thought he was going to pass to Benteke but he went on himself and hit the post. The 2nd goal I think Gabby should have actually passed to Benteke on this occasion it was an easy through ball for a one-on-one but again he was bypassed and Gabby drove on. It all looked very deliberate to me.

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 3

I think it may have been a conscious decision to use Benteke has a drag the defenders away man yesterday and not to pass to him much it happened time and time again. This fixture last season Benteke didn't get a sniff, probably his quietest game...so yesterday we seen time and time again players not passing to him whilst defenders were dragged away. The first goal nobody expected Gabby to run all the way through the defenders were busy with Benteke. Delph hitting the post - again everybody thought he was going to pass to Benteke but he went on himself and hit the post. The 2nd goal I think Gabby should have actually passed to Benteke on this occasion it was an easy through ball for a one-on-one but again he was bypassed and Gabby drove on. It all looked very deliberate to me.

I think they all want/believe they can score and that can only be good. The way our forward line moves, with all three of them pulling defenders left right and center, I can see goals flowing freely. Benteke is just the catalyst.

How on earth did Sagna not break his neck - that was tough to watch.

Benteke is so strong that Sagna used some of Benteke to break the fall...

Actually it was ground that Benteke had already walked on so it was softened and hallowed .  Made it safer you see

• Like 3

I'm glad we have benteke with us, he is a monster...but I just hope we as fans are all ready to accept he'll probably leave next year if he does well?  Let us not forget his intentions this transfer window and set ourselves up for bitter resentment come next year.

I'm just thankful he's giving us one more season to allow others to flourish around the team that was being built upon the foundations he's provided, and a signed deal extension to increase his price.  If he leaves the rest of the team in a much stronger position through his help this season and allows the others to really come through as natural replacements, he'll get my blessing if he must leave.

Of course that doesn't mean we can't heap praise and salute his time here, just need to keep our feet on the ground and bare in mind we need to keep our fingers on the pulse for replacing a big hole in the team if he does go.

• Like 2

I've meant to say before if any keeper studied him they'd see that he always puts it right(even is down the centre it's jsut right of centre). Why did Chesney Hawkes go the wrong way for the second?

Psychology innit?

There's every chance Benteke may have thought "I went left and he saved it so this time I'll go right"

I'm glad we have benteke with us, he is a monster...but I just hope we as fans are all ready to accept he'll probably leave next year if he does well?  Let us not forget his intentions this transfer window and set ourselves up for bitter resentment come next year.

I'm just thankful he's giving us one more season to allow others to flourish around the team that was being built upon the foundations he's provided, and a signed deal extension to increase his price.  If he leaves the rest of the team in a much stronger position through his help this season and allows the others to really come through as natural replacements, he'll get my blessing if he must leave.

Of course that doesn't mean we can't heap praise and salute his time here, just need to keep our feet on the ground and bare in mind we need to keep our fingers on the pulse for replacing a big hole in the team if he does go.

THIS! 

Christian Benteke is so hard he can break diamonds with his teeth.

Collar bones are just for fun & practice only.

Fifa are thinking about introducing armour plated shin guards in as regulation issue for his terrified opponents & paramedics are demanding a pay rise for the over time.

John Terry has now become John Terryfied.

You know when you've been Bentecked.

Av it.

True but we will sell only if our valuation is meet. And that's only likely but not certain depending on the season he has. The owner or the manager won't be taking shite from anyone.

Â