Christian Benteke

Kwan

I like how everyone uses the 5 points from 7 games to enhance a point. When most of the problems have been in us losing midfield battles, I will tell you this now Berbatov would not have made a jot of difference to where we are in the league.

We would not have signed him anyway. Lambert clearly has a problem with players who earn much more than him

We would not have signed him anyway. Lambert clearly has a problem with players who earn much more than him

Paul Lambert had 20M or thereabouts to spend and a team to rebuild, a team that had struggled in this league for the last two seasons and needed reinforcements across the whole first team and had several players leaving as their contracts expired and several who needed shifting out as they has gone stale and basically were not prepared to perform for the club to earn their salaries, there are a couple still here.

Fans were calling out for players with hunger and desire.

So with the 20M and him needing 7 or 8 players, do you want him to get two at 10M or so and have them not make a difference or try and get younger hungrier players who he could see had talent?

It is clear you have some issue with the man and that is your riight, but I think there needs to be a bit of objectivity in this

• Like 1

Its very early days ....and lets not forget we drummed Savo and Crouch out of the club, with hindsight far to early. That said Im really not sure about him. You can't fault his positioning - but his finishing looks to need a lot of work - the goal he scored (although he created himself) was on a plate for him.

I really don't think week in \ week out selections are the best for him - Id keep him on the fringes as an impact or option player.

Missed another sitter against Scotland tonight. For me we can't just play him and Agbonlahor together as both are massively inconsistent in front of goal. I'd play Bent as well and have 3 different types of striker. One of which can drop back into midfield if required.

Let's all write him off shall we, a 21-year-old with a prolific record at Genk who now has 2 goals in 2 games leading the line for a country who I dare say are in better shape than England internationally at the moment. Even if he doesn't get a shed load of goals for us this season, I'm very pleased to have this guy on board.

• Like 3

The guy is awesome, just hope we use him properly. There is no point having a guy like him up top without the people that can provide decent service.

Belgium look great too.

Here's to Villa possibly picking up some points soon.

Or Berbatov who was exactly the type of forward we needed to play in behind Bent. Or Jordan Rodes who in my very humble opinion has better potential than Benteke.

Berbatov would have cost double what Benteke cost once you factor in his wages. He's going to cost Fulham around £20m* for 2 seasons.

*(£5m transfer fee, £100k in wages topped up with NI contributions and insurance plus signing on fee/agents fees)

• Like 1

Clearly he must have some talent in him otherwise he wouldn't be scoring these goals. Very raw obviously and too early to make a judgement on him, but there are some good signs. It's ridiculous that some have already written him off as a failure and a waste of money.

Clearly he must have some talent in him otherwise he wouldn't be scoring these goals. Very raw obviously and too early to make a judgement on him, but there are some good signs. It's ridiculous that some have already written him off as a failure and a waste of money.

Agree: ridiculous, but sadly predictable.

Â