Christian Benteke

Kwan

Clearly he must have some talent in him otherwise he wouldn't be scoring these goals. Very raw obviously and too early to make a judgement on him

The end of the second sentence contradicts the first a bit, methinks.

I think it's already clear this guy has the talent to be a fine player for this great club. I look forward to some crucial goals from him in the future.

• Like 1

So he missed a chance, hit the bar and scored one last night

For me that says he's got what it takes. Thats now 2 goals in 2 games for Belgium - pretty good if you ask me.

I just hope we use him in the right way. As you probably saw if you were watching the game. The belgium players were whizzing the ball into the box, whipping crosses in perfect head height for Benteke. Thats what we need to do if he's on the pitch. CNZ, Gabby and Albrighton need to be practicing sending crosses in for both Bent and Benteke - they're two different types of cross for two different types of player.

Bent likes them low - Benteke likes them higher up. It really can't be that hard to cross a ball to suit our strikers needs - surely?

Think he is going to be a frustrating player for us this season. He definitely misses more than his fair share of chances but I think he could become a really top class forward and it'll be well worth the frustration of games like Spurs.

We have to give the kid time, he's a talent though, has the belief of his fellow belgians, they absolutely swamped him when he scored last night.

For me, it's all abit mad, we're expecting too much of him, Yes he'd missed couple of chances but all players do.

• Like 1

Both his goals for Belgium in the past week have been well taken back post headers.

Yes, he's missed a few sitters for us already but at least he's getting the chances. With Albrighton back now we'll have a lot more balls going in the box so thats good and im sure he'll get a few sooner rather than later. But he's good in the air, just like Carew was

Great for his confidence to score two International goals! He is obvously a battler on set-pieces and a good header of the ball (once in a while :) )

Of course Darren Bent should start against Fulham because he has rested for two weeks whilst Benteke has played two matches, but I hope the two can play together soon.

I like the guy, I really do... I have seen enough of him to realise that he is finding his feet in a time when we really need some consistency, but those factors aside, I am chuffed that he in our squad. I am looking forward to seeing him play again - and despite results, I am looking forward to seeing Villa play again. Something I couldn't say 12 months ago.

Now he needs a decent chant - anyone for singing 'Christian Benteke' to the tune that the Kop used to sing about Rafael Benitez? Go on, you know you want to...

It'll be Benteke and Bent for me on Sat. I'd go with N'Zogbia and Holman supporting with Gabby coming off the bench as his pace will hurt them in latter stages, but Gabby usually plays well against Fulham, big decision for the gaffer however our midfield is in deep shit if KEA is out.

For me Gabby has to start on Sat as we will play on the counter and his pace will be key, I'd partner Bent with him (leaving him out 3 games running would be enough to force his hand in Jan). This leaves Benteke on the bench, which is fair considering he's just played 2 full international games. I'd bring Benteke on after around 60-70 mins for Gabby in the hope he could play another cameo alongside Bent like against Swansea.

Â