Christian Benteke

Kwan

Some of the comments from some people on here are embarassing - it's compelled me to log on and have my say.

It's abundantly clear, PL is setting us up for 2/3 years time, the days of splurging millions on average shite like Sidwell, Shorey, Knight, Heskey, Davies, Cuellar are over - they are gone. For a number of years now i've read on here that we should go abroad, or look for talent in lower leagues and the minute we do - you whinge about it. Lerner can't win... Forget the Berbatov's, tHe Carrolls, the Benayouns of this world...football mecenaries. If you cannot see the project that PL has got on his hands and his ambition to make us a progressive football club then you need some help. Benteke is part of this, some of you basing his talent on a you tube clip, or some nomark says he's crap - get a fecking grip and give the boy a chance. It's shameful what some of you 'supporters' have become, 'shameful' i hope the big man rams your ill thought opinions up your rear ends. Up the fecking Villa

so how dya pronounce this guys name then?

coz Natalie "norks" Sawyer and Jim "everybody look at me!!" White used about 50 different ways..

Ben - tee - kee ?

Ben - tee - kay?

Ben - teka ?

Pretty sure it's BenTEHkeh, with the "eh" rhyming with "air", only shorter and the "r" not pronounced. That's how the Belgian commentator on YouTube pronounced it, and Africans usually accentuate the second-last syllable.

Lets give the Villa a chance, I think we have done well tbh. Better than most IMO.

You think we've done better than the majority of clubs this window?

It could be worse, we could be Liverpool.

Their window was shite!

I'd still rather have Liverpool's squad post-summer transfer window than ours I'm afraid.

I'm not saying we don't have a chance or that we're shit though. I'd love for us to come good and I think Lambert will do well with the lads he brought in. I just think other teams did much better than we did and have stronger squads. I don't think we'll be in the relegation dogfight because we're shit, I think we'll be down there because the other teams will just be better than we are.

so how dya pronounce this guys name then?

coz Natalie "norks" Sawyer and Jim "everybody look at me!!" White used about 50 different ways..

Ben - tee - kee ?

Ben - tee - kay?

Ben - teka ?

Pretty sure it's BenTEHkeh, with the "eh" rhyming with "air", only shorter and the "r" not pronounced. That's how the Belgian commentator on YouTube pronounced it, and Africans usually accentuate the second-last syllable.

cheers pal

hopefully he will be known as Ben - tekkers soon enough anyway

Some of the comments from some people on here are embarassing - it's compelled me to log on and have my say.

It's abundantly clear, PL is setting us up for 2/3 years time, the days of splurging millions on average shite like Sidwell, Shorey, Knight, Heskey, Davies, Cuellar are over - they are gone. For a number of years now i've read on here that we should go abroad, or look for talent in lower leagues and the minute we do - you whinge about it. Lerner can't win... Forget the Berbatov's, tHe Carrolls, the Benayouns of this world...football mecenaries. If you cannot see the project that PL has got on his hands and his ambition to make us a progressive football club then you need some help. Benteke is part of this, some of you basing his talent on a you tube clip, or some nomark says he's crap - get a fecking grip and give the boy a chance. It's shameful what some of you 'supporters' have become, 'shameful' i hope the big man rams your ill thought opinions up your rear ends. Up the fecking Villa

:thumb:

Really? Carroll and Berbatov are mercenaries? Carroll have been left out of Liverpool after he was sold (unwillingly) from Newcastle and he probably wants to get his playing-time again. Berbatov have been left frustrated by Man Utd last season and went to Fulham because he wants to compete in the Premier League. His paycheck? Probably a lot less than what he would have gotten abroad, either in Italy or in the Far-East.

And as far as Sidwell, Cuellar and Davies go - we sure as hell could have used them in our squad right about now. I would much rather have Cuellar at right-back compared to Lowton given his experience and decent talents, I would have Sidwell/Reo-Coker instead of Westwood if we played him against Newcastle tomorrow (probably not registred in time though) etc. Most young players need a lot of time to settle in, and who knows if the ones we have are even good enough? I just playing the devil's advocate here, but one has to realize many other clubs have very decent scouting-teams in England but we managed to pick them up on the last day seemingly without much competition. I severely hope they can make the grade over 1-3 years given their different ages and level of experience, but playing for Crewe and Chesterfield against semi-professionals and then going to Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge is a whole different sport.

**** delicious she is, imagine you could DHUTWU...lovely

nataliesawyerpenstroke.gif

Filth!

on the youtube clip where she was a soccerette on Soccer AM during her uni days, her cajungas are actually fairly average...

yet now you can bounce those things like Sugar Ray Leonard..

its a mystery...

i reckon its a case for the sexual Poirot that is Rob

he can't be any worse than Bent has been so far this season......and before I get accused of being a Troll, I think Bent is a great poacher, he's just not an up front on his own, lead the line, bring other players into play type striker. Which we've been asking him to be. This was also his downfall at Spurs, However Sunderland stuck a big lump upfront with him and it worked a treat. (I know we tried this with heskey last season, but he's neither use nor ornament)

I think Benteke's first job is to release Bent to do what he does best. Take some pressure off him. I think Bowery may also be a useful addition. We need someone to "partner" Bent first and foremost.

Carroll is on 80k a week - Berbatov is on 90k a week. We dont pay those kind of wages and rightly so

If you would rather have Sidwell in our midfield then i think you are probably an ill man. Ever seen Westwood and what he can offer? doubt you have, I have seen him 5/6 times and he's a cracking player - he'll have three times the career Sidwell has had.

They havent been playing against semi professionals either - what garbage.

Why is it Swansea can go and pick up young talent and play them effectively and its ok, but as soon as we do it, people would rather have limited footballers like NRC, Sidwell and Cuellar - it's absolutely bizarre

If you would prefer to sit in the past watching neandertholic caveman football that's had it's day then thats fine, but this football club is going places - just a shame that most of our fanbase have zero patience and still living in 1981

Lets give the Villa a chance, I think we have done well tbh. Better than most IMO.

You think we've done better than the majority of clubs this window?

It could be worse, we could be Liverpool.

Their window was shite!

I'd still rather have Liverpool's squad post-summer transfer window than ours I'm afraid.

I'm not saying we don't have a chance or that we're shit though. I'd love for us to come good and I think Lambert will do well with the lads he brought in. I just think other teams did much better than we did and have stronger squads. I don't think we'll be in the relegation dogfight because we're shit, I think we'll be down there because the other teams will just be better than we are.

going off topic sorry, but did anyone see Brendan Rogers suggesting that Downing may be used as a left back?......laugh?......I almost shat meself!

He looks like an 'a typical' premiership striker, nothing fancy, big strong, good in the air, good finisher. He should settle right in, he should do quite well. All great except... we play one up front, Bent.

I hope that PL will play 2 up top now we have another striker...

i hate this new obsession with 1 up top and 3 behind...

great for the Chelsea or citehs of this world but we do not have the creative players behind Bent to pull it off....

hoping for...

-----------Bent-------Tekkers---------

----------------Ireland----------------

------Delph---------------------KEA-----

---------------Westwood---------------

Bennett----Vlaar------Dunne---------Lowton

The whole idea that we will play one way and one way only isn't taking into account what PL is like, he mixed his tactics and his team throughout last season to some great effect, this is one of his strengths. Players will have to get used to the idea that they'll play one week and not the next, depending on who the opposition is.

Love this post!

He looks like an 'a typical' premiership striker, nothing fancy, big strong, good in the air, good finisher. He should settle right in, he should do quite well. All great except... we play one up front, Bent.

I hope that PL will play 2 up top now we have another striker...

i hate this new obsession with 1 up top and 3 behind...

great for the Chelsea or citehs of this world but we do not have the creative players behind Bent to pull it off....

hoping for...

-----------Bent-------Tekkers---------

----------------Ireland----------------

------Delph---------------------KEA-----

---------------Westwood---------------

Bennett----Vlaar------Dunne---------Lowton

I really hope that sticks :D

Holtender's post too, for me anyway, really hit the spot.

"slow and technically limited"

Mmmmm...Ill take that with a pinch of salt from a disgruntled fan!

Good luck to you Christian, hope Real and Barca are sniffing round in a few years!

There's a Belgium Villa fan on H&V who reckons he's worth no more than £1m.

Bing from Belgium doesn't make him an expert on Belgian football though. There are plenty of English Villa fans who appear to know jack shit about English football.

Exactly. Since when has a 21-year-old striker, with a record of 18 goals in 33 games the previous season, who's an international for a respectable country like Belgium, been worth 1 million?

well tbh he's right £1M maybe 2 if you really push it. Play Bent in the belgian league and he'll probably score 40 in a season

**** delicious she is, imagine you could DHUTWU...lovely

nataliesawyerpenstroke.gif

Filth!

on the youtube clip where she was a soccerette on Soccer AM during her uni days, her cajungas are actually fairly average...

yet now you can bounce those things like Sugar Ray Leonard..

its a mystery...

i reckon its a case for the sexual Poirot that is Rob

She knocked a sprog out, i am sure a while back. Perhaps that explains her curves now. Her other half is that "talented" talkshite presenter sam matterface.

As milfs go....i would ;-)

Carroll is on 80k a week - Berbatov is on 90k a week. We dont pay those kind of wages and rightly so

If you would rather have Sidwell in our midfield then i think you are probably an ill man. Ever seen Westwood and what he can offer? doubt you have, I have seen him 5/6 times and he's a cracking player - he'll have three times the career Sidwell has had.

They havent been playing against semi professionals either - what garbage.

Why is it Swansea can go and pick up young talent and play them effectively and its ok, but as soon as we do it, people would rather have limited footballers like NRC, Sidwell and Cuellar - it's absolutely bizarre

If you would prefer to sit in the past watching neandertholic caveman football that's had it's day then thats fine, but this football club is going places - just a shame that most of our fanbase have zero patience and still living in 1981

Yeah buddy, like you know exactly what they are on in terms of wages. Besides, some players should earn more than other if they give you an extra edge. No doubt these two give their new respective teams attacking power and ability. Anyway, mercenaries they are certainly not.

I am not saying Sidwell is the option, I am saying I would rather have him than some extremely unproven player on top of lots of other unproven players in the same team. That receipe equals disaster in my book, as 1) none of them have shown high Premier League-ability and 2) Lack of experience is very dangerous when you are fighting relegation. Oh, and I have not seen Westwood - but that is not the point. If he was such a good player then why has he not been picked up already? All his education was done in League 2, as well as 5 games in League 1. The jump in level is enormous and chances are that all of these young players that we are bringing in are going to struggle when they are put out on the same time. I am not judging Westwood, clearly, I am just stating my concern on throwing all the experience out and getting youth in as replacements. You are branding him as a new star - and three times the career Sidwell has? Sure, Sidwell failed at Chelsea and Villa but he at least got there and we were pretty happy when he came. Chances are Westwood will either do OK for us or end up at loan at Brighton before nobody hears from him again. Not discarding him, just not jumping on the delusional "of course he is great since WE signed him"-wagon, as statistics will show that many, many young players come up from the lower leagues and cannot handle the level at all. BUT, let me assure you that really hope he can turn into a decent player at our club, nothing would be better and one of these young guys at least have to take the level fast.

Going places? Yes we are eventually, but in the short-term we are only going down if we are going anywhere. So hopefully, we aren't going to move much. As for cavemen and such drivel you just put out, all those players would hold a higher level than all of the young players we brought in. They can (and will) reach a higher ability in time, but right about now they are inexperienced and in need of development, something which is hard to give them when we only field young players. Not every young generation is going to turn into Beckham, Giggs, Scholes etc.

Â