Christian Benteke

Kwan

If Newcastle had signed this lad we would all be asking where the **** were we? I on the other hand am proper excited.

I'm with you on that.

I think he's one we'd moan about if another club had snapped him up.

I'm more excited about this one than the others but again I just worry about what he will contribute this season.

I think he'll be a big hit here.. a Heskey who can score. Although as I said on Twitter, we play City in the cup who now have Richard Wright. And if that fuckstain goes near this Belgian.........

Christ.

Ok, so this thread isn't too bad for it, but the reaction from some to our signings is ridiculous.

For years we've been crying out for the club and manager to stop throwing money at average, overrated, often English "experience". The second we do that and shop abroad as well as the lower leagues for raw up and coming talent they want the tripe like Sidwell again.

If Newcastle had signed this lad we would all be asking where the **** were we? I on the other hand am proper excited.

Completely agree. Then again I think we just tend to notice the negative whiners on here more than all the people who are excited. I think most of us can see what Lambert is doing and are genuinely excited.

I am quite pleased and until we see the all play a few games no one really knows how it will pan out. From what I have read on here over the last few days I can only assume we have a lot of VT members who are top scouts and watch these players week in week out. I bow down to their superior knowledge, I feel kind of bad now getting excited and hopeful. The moaners and whiners obviously have coaching badges coming out their ears also and just know the players we have bought are rubbish.

Lets give the Villa a chance, I think we have done well tbh. Better than most IMO.

From watching his vids on youtube, the player himselfs assessment and the fact PL bought him to play with Bent and Gabby plus considering the way we have been trying to play it seem to me that he is more of a back to goal, into feet type target man.

Seems like he has a good first touch going by what I have seen on youtube (very limited info to go on granted) doesn't seem like he really throws his weight around like Lukaku, but should be able to receive it into feet, control the ball protect it well and thus bring others into play. Then when he gets the ball in the box has the composure to calmly finish. If so he could well be the perfect foil for the quicker, likes to get in behind duo of Bent and Gabby.

Christ.

Ok, so this thread isn't too bad for it, but the reaction from some to our signings is ridiculous.

For years we've been crying out for the club and manager to stop throwing money at average, overrated, often English "experience". The second we do that and shop abroad as well as the lower leagues for raw up and coming talent they want the tripe like Sidwell again.

exactly and i join you in your excitement....

we are not buying this guy to be technical and jink it past numerous players and do fancy turns...

he's strong, hard working and has an eye for goal...

Cisse and Ba are not great technical players...Cisse sometimes is god awful with the ball...

but their positioning is good, they work hard and are both great in the air...

and from what ive seen/heard of Benteke hes the same....

ill be interested to see how PL sets us up with him in the team

I'm sure a lot of negative stuff was said about Drogba when he was 21.

I think the most sensible way to act is to not really judge him until he has had a good run of games for us. Superficially, you can already see that he has the size to trouble defences, and scored a good amount of goals last season. He has also recently broken into the national team. So on the surface looks a good signing.

No doubt he'll take some time to get going and to adjust to the pace of this league.

Â