Christian Benteke

Kwan

Can not believe the negative comments on here, PL knows what he requires and he knows a good player when he sees one, give him a chance, lets see at christmas where we are and then be negative if required. I will be shouting my heart out for the players to do well,

Look at QPR and what they have spent, they are still shit. times are changing in football, money is getting more of an issue, I am glad that we are taking the route we are rather than going the QPR West Ham and Sunderland methods where they are doing what we did years ago, They need Champions League entry to Succeed, as we found out this is harder than it looks and I see 2 out of the 3 being financially in trouble in 2 years.

We on the other hand if RL and PL get it right will be challenging with a sustainable club.

"slow and technically limited"

Mmmmm...Ill take that with a pinch of salt from a disgruntled fan!

Good luck to you Christian, hope Real and Barca are sniffing round in a few years!

There's a Belgium Villa fan on H&V who reckons he's worth no more than £1m.

Being from Belgium doesn't make him an expert on Belgian football though. There are plenty of English Villa fans who appear to know jack shit about English football.

"slow and technically limited"

Mmmmm...Ill take that with a pinch of salt from a disgruntled fan!

Good luck to you Christian, hope Real and Barca are sniffing round in a few years!

There's a Belgium Villa fan on H&V who reckons he's worth no more than £1m.

Bing from Belgium doesn't make him an expert on Belgian football though. There are plenty of English Villa fans who appear to know jack shit about English football.

Exactly. Since when has a 21-year-old striker, with a record of 18 goals in 33 games the previous season, who's an international for a respectable country like Belgium, been worth 1 million?

Mixed bag of reports then. I take it he's a player who will like the ball in the air rather than to his feet with his back to goal?

What was the fee in the end ?

He says that he can play with his back to goal, behind the striker - fancies himself as a complete frontman.

If he's right then £7m will be great business.

Christ.

Ok, so this thread isn't too bad for it, but the reaction from some to our signings is ridiculous.

For years we've been crying out for the club and manager to stop throwing money at average, overrated, often English "experience". The second we do that and shop abroad as well as the lower leagues for raw up and coming talent they want the tripe like Sidwell again.

If Newcastle had signed this lad we would all be asking where the **** were we? I on the other hand am proper excited.

Â