Christian Benteke

Kwan

The bid is in, and expect CB to be a Liverpool player I'd say at the latest next week.

Ok, show me the proof.

You'll see it in a week or so.

So no proof then.

Liverpool echo are reporting it so its good as gospel in that case. They are linked close to plop and dont put stuff up unless 100%

• Like 1

Only a £32.5m bid in cash will be accepted as it's the buyout. If Liverpool do bid it I'd release the news straight away to flush out any other interest. I know we can't get more money but I'd love it for united to gazump them late on.

Means nothing to us. We will still only be able to get the amount of the buyout clause.

It's as if a lot of posters have only now come on to this thread.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/live-aston-villa-striker-christian-9670431

Matt kendrick mentions it at 2.05pm saying they have blinked first and offered the amount

To be honest I don't believe anything anymore apart from official club web sites. One journo reports something and the rest all jump on it.

• Like 1

As the Birmingham Mail and Gregg Evans lost some credibility, from the Delph fiasco, I'll need to see him at Melwood / have it confirmed on the OS to believe it. It's looking pretty certain though at the moment though, isn't it? 

Good buy for them.. 49 goals in just over 100 games in an absolutely woeful Villa side with very few chances created for him. He scored many of those 49 by doing it himself or taking the 1-2 chances every 2-3 games we crafted for him. If he could do that here then Liverpool or Man Utd or anyone else would be stupid not to pay up, he is a ready made goal scoring machine that will be absolutely frightening to play against with the players Liverpool have backing him up.. Seeing as this is as good as done unless he pulls as Delph, I wish him the best. Now Tim how are you going to invest that money? I'm curious.. 

They didn't lose any credibility IMO and I certainly don't see Benteke doing a U-turn a la Delph :( He is going to be an absolutely massive loss. We need a huge signing or we need everyone else to hit the ground running.

Did they lose credibility or did Delph just change his mind?

In my head, it was all Gregg Evans' fault (the word removed!), but yeah it was probably down to Delph too. To clarify, I should say, even though the BM are saying it, and it looks probable, I'm not going to lose my shit yet until it actually happens.

As the Birmingham Mail and Gregg Evans lost some credibility, from the Delph fiasco, I'll need to see him at Melwood / have it confirmed on the OS to believe it. It's looking pretty certain though at the moment though, isn't it? 

How did they lose credibility...lmao? THIS AGAIN???!!!!

Â