Christian Benteke

Kwan

has anyone said yet - 

medical is being held up because they are doing additional tests on an existing knee problem

tweet from the times merseyside journo, cant remember him ever having knee trouble before

That's because he doesn't and the account is a wind up.

The journo's real twitter handle is @TonyBarretTimes not @HealyLFC

Edited by cudoz

I dunno, I just don't have the same love in that some have for Benteke. He doesn't care for Villa and has always seen us as a stepping stone. In a weird way, after all the stuff with Delph, I still prefer him to Benteke. At least he was remotely conflicted with his decision to leave us, Benteke has wanted out the minute he got here.

Thanks for the goals and that, well, thanks for doing your job I guess, it's more than some Villa players have done over the past few years.

Feel the same, even more so as he's a respectful asset...and that line has always been clear.

He's a prize asset that has reached a value which means a lot to this club, and I very look forward to the money being reinvested (I just hope Randy hands it all over).

I however much prefer him to the likes of delph as he never gave us any bullshit, he just did his job and made it clear he was here to do a job.

His lazy days have been unbearable at times, but when he can be arsed his goals have saved us. And seems he's perked up at all the right times bar Wembley final.

has anyone said yet -

medical is being held up because they are doing additional tests on an existing knee problem

tweet from the times merseyside journo, cant remember him ever having knee trouble before

Somethings taking long though

I said before, the agent will be dragging it on just in case someone else puts a cheeky bid in. He is probably asking around still as we speak. I don't believe Benteke wanted to go to Plop, an one good season could see him out of there. That's if he finally signs.

Be interesting the length of contract.

FFS Lambert on SSN saying Liverpool will create more for CB is the bloke such a fool? We never create because of the way you played the side you muppet!!! Under Sherwood he was back scoring virtually every game

And that ladies and gentleman is Lambert PR disaster at his best, bascially admitting he didnt know how to utilise Tekkers

What a own goal by lamebert

Will feelings change if he does a Yorke and kisses the Plop badge or celebrates the goal - I know some returnees (platt for one) didn't celebrate just shook hands and walked to the centre circle.

Celebrating is fine.

Antagonising the crowd would be different.

I'd want him to celebrate.  Players not celebrating is **** annoying.

I think the only exception would be the likes of, say, Steven Gerrard scoring against Liverpool.

Ha, but you'd certainly want to see my celebration if that ever happened.

• Like 1

I believe Benteke is gutted that Liverpool is the best he can get atm. In fact I would go as far as to say that he's devastated that a bigger club hasnt come in.

Meh, most non villa fans will see him really good for villa but that's where it kind of ends. The outside view won't be so forgiving for the lazy moments and recognise how the team has to play around him.

Not to say he can't do nowt else, but that's largely an unknown.

• Like 2

Will remember his contribution to Villa a lot longer than I will Delphs, thats for sure.

Good luck to the lad, particularly when one of the 'big' European sides pluck him from the wasteland of Anfield.

I don't think they will

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/transfer-saga-concludes-with-transfer-ragnarok-20150721100300

Transfer saga concludes with transfer Ragnarok
21-07-15

flood425.jpg

THE protracted tale of Christian Benteke’s move to Liverpool has ended with the death of the transfer gods and the immersion of the world in water.

Thousands of words were written to describe the seemingly endless story, which saw the Aston Villa man move to Anfield for £32.5 million while a great battle raged in the heavens, as prophesied by seers long ago.

Among the casualties were Dundeal, god of the January window, Medikal, god of last-minute complications, and Faksmashyn, the much-despised god of communications, who all perished battling the ice giants before the world sank beneath the waves.

Saga expert Joseph Turner said: “The tale of the hero who must decide whether to move to Liverpool, Arsenal or Manchester United is one the great, enduring motifs of our times.

“Benteke’s tragic destiny has been to cause the end of the world, which will be a blow for Liverpool’s hopes of getting back in the Champions League.”

Turner added that the cyclical nature of time meant that the entire saga could be repeated all over again for David de Gea’s move to Real Madrid.

• Like 2

has anyone said yet -

Somethings taking long though

It was reported on the weekend that it would be probably be a two day medical. Monday and Tuesday.

I wonder if it's weird for him that he's going to a worse club than Lying Snake even though he's comfortably the superior player. 

Honestly I was thinking the same. I truly believe that if City didn't need to fill their English player quota, Delph would not have even been on their radar. Seeing how clubs like Tottenham and Liverpool didn't even bother going for Delph despite his criminally low buy out clause leads me to believe that my initial point is the case. 

• Like 1

Â