Christian Benteke

Kwan

I thought it was £49m inclusive of bonuses, so that's not £49m upfront, take off £10m for QPR, take off say £5m for winning the league, no doubt another £5m based on appearances, goals, England caps etc maybe another £5-10m paid over the duration of his contract

Liverpool might actually only be about £20m richer tomorrow morning

Won't stop talksport from selling our players again though

Unlike the potential Delph departure, I really don't care about Benteke leaving. £32.5m is a sizeable chunk of cash, arguably more than he's really worth. I also have never thought of him as even as fondly as Carew evn though he scores far more.

Furthermore, I think he makes us too one dimensional and think we may see an improved style of play without the lumping it towards the big man tactic.

Take the money and move on. Replace with Austin and I'd be more than happy!

• Like 1

Unlike the potential Delph departure, I really don't care about Benteke leaving. £32.5m is a sizeable chunk of cash, arguably more than he's really worth. I also have never thought of him as even as fondly as Carew evn though he scores far more.

Furthermore, I think he makes us too one dimensional and think we may see an improved style of play without the lumping it towards the big man tactic.

What he said 

I cant believe some of us already see him in a red shirt considering the Delph saga.

Have we learnt nothing?

Benteke doesn't care for Villa though, we have always been a stepping stone to him, and if he has the opportunity to move on he will.

It's a bit different for Delph.

Well, he maybe lacks the charisma of Carew, but he's a much better player. In fact he's the best striker we've had in the PL - albeit in fits and starts. 

Carew also benefitted from playing in an excellent side. I remember a lot of the 2007-2010 cohort fondly. Just imagine Benteke in the 2009 side... you'd love him, he'd have scored about 100 goals. 

I'm resigned to him going, but the money is good and he's done his time really. It's a shame we're not up to his standard at present. However if you think we'll improve our style of play by not having him I think you'll be disappointed. I'd be up for Austin as well, definitely, but his link up play isn't even close to Benteke's as well as him not being anything like as dominant in the air. 

If someone is actually foolish enough to give Villa 32.5 million for a single player, we should go laughing all the way to the bank and then find an adequate replacement while we upgrade other spots *like LB and RB.

I thought it was £49m inclusive of bonuses, so that's not £49m upfront, take off £10m for QPR, take off say £5m for winning the league, no doubt another £5m based on appearances, goals, England caps etc maybe another £5-10m paid over the duration of his contract

Liverpool might actually only be about £20m richer tomorrow morning

Won't stop talksport from selling our players again though

obviously not 100% sky reporter outside the etihad claimed 49 mill with upto 5 mill in bonuses

32.5m for him is around correct in this market. He's got so much potential, rather keep him than sell him because no matter how much we get we can't replace him.

I don't think with that money we will be able to upgrade other positions enough to compensate for the loss of Benteke IMO. 

Think Liverpool will come in for him now. Better start thinking of a replacement, Berahino maybe?

Doubt he'd come, but he's mainly just a poacher. Think we'd need someone different, more physical. Austin would fit well in my eyes.

Think Liverpool will come in for him now. Better start thinking of a replacement, Berahino maybe?

Good player but a terrible attitude. 

Wasnt that down to his agent basically telling him he is amazing and should be earning huge pay for a big club? (same agent as Sterling's)

Â