Christian Benteke

Kwan

It's surely an absolute fact that the press will have looked at this and thought "we're getting a lot of traffic from Villa fans here after this Delph stuff but now it's dying off, best make something else up to keep them clicking".

I'd hardly call that a conspiracy, it's nothing unique to Aston Villa, it's their business model.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Anybody heard about the 32.5m clause expiring on the 1st of July hence why Liverpool have now completely backed off because it didn't happen before then? Sounds like BS but great if true

Anybody heard about the 32.5m clause expiring on the 1st of July hence why Liverpool have now completely backed off because it didn't happen before then? Sounds like BS but great if true

Would make sense for the club to have an expiry date on a clause but would the player agree to that?

Not heard about this - could it be real? Why that date? I suppose to prevent it from ruining the teams prep for the season. TS was quite confident about it wasnt he...

Unfortunately I think plop are just waiting for the Sterling deal to be wrapped up. Its obvious they cannot pay the 32.5 without selling Sterling.

Think that deal should be done very soon as City have placed a new bid and are apparently confident. I hope this is the case so we can sort this situation out very quickly.

If Benteke is to go then I really hope United take him before City get Sterling. That would be **** brilliant.

United taking him is my preferred option ,champs league for him ,32mil for us and Liverpool fans once he scores shed loads for united relizing how wrong the were

• Like 1

I personally think we should sell Benteke if we get an offer of £32.5m. 

Having that injection of cash gives us the opportunity to improve our squad. Liverpool and Spurs didn't take their opportunity when trying to re-invest Suarez and Bale cash. We have to be far more savvy but I think there is a good chance of us being better off with say 3x £10m players and no Benteke vs just having Benteke. 

If United are in we could try some swaps. Jonny Evans and Hernandez would improve us. 

The media showed what they know about Delph moving. Hopefully the're as equally wrong about Benteke, I wouldn't be surprised.

He was obviously moving....

Unfortunately I think plop are just waiting for the Sterling deal to be wrapped up. Its obvious they cannot pay the 32.5 without selling Sterling.

Aye, can't help but feel as soon as Liverpool sell Sterling they will bid for Benteke.

I think Man United is a much better fit for Benteke. I'd actually have a bet on him being top goalscorer if we went there.

Â