Christian Benteke

Kwan

Reports on Talksport of £7m + Enrique and Lambert. I would be furious at this as it would value the man at about £12m in my opinion.

I think it was Mick Quinn - so another scouser talking balls to try and benefit their club.

Why don't we get a few Villa fans who appear in the media - Hendrie, Petrov, Dublin (he does talk us up), Taylor, etc - to start sounding off against the move and change the headlines a bit?

They have Bozzie all the time.

Micky Quinn talks absolute shite and for some reason (or at least or I always get the impression), he hates Villa.

Enrique and Lambert both out of contract at the end the season. I'd be surprised if they started more than 10 Prem + CL games between them last season. Enrique cost them 5m from Newcastle.

5m for the pair is over priced!

It probably is but for arguments sake say it is 5 mill.  They still need to cough up another 27mill

Reports on Talksport of £7m + Enrique and Lambert. I would be furious at this as it would value the man at about £12m in my opinion.

I think it was Mick Quinn - so another scouser talking balls to try and benefit their club.

Why don't we get a few Villa fans who appear in the media - Hendrie, Petrov, Dublin (he does talk us up), Taylor, etc - to start sounding off against the move and change the headlines a bit?

They have Bozzie all the time.

Micky Quinn talks absolute shite and for some reason (or at least or I always get the impression), he hates Villa.

Ex Coventry player, who buys into their imagined rivalry, and still bitter that we sent his other old club, Newcastle down. Oh and he's a fat word removed.

• Like 4

£7m plus Enrique and Lambert values Benteke at about £7.2m

Haha, Enrique has barely played for the last couple of seasons because he is always injured and Lambert is probably about 1-2 seasons from being finished in the top division. Enrique they bought for £7m in his prime and Lambert for £4m last summer and has managed 3 goals for them in 30 odd appearances. I am not sure how Liverpool/Talksport have come up with a valuation of £25.5m for the pair. Jokers!

£7m plus Enrique and Lambert values Benteke at about £7.2m

Haha, Enrique has barely played for the last couple of seasons because he is always injured and Lambert is probably about 1-2 seasons from being finished in the top division. Enrique they bought for £7m in his prime and Lambert for £4m last summer and has managed 3 goals for them in 30 odd appearances. I am not sure how Liverpool/Talksport have come up with a valuation of £25.5m for the pair. Jokers!

Even at the £25m that liverpool supposedly want to pay for Benteke, that would value Lambert and Enrique at £18m combined.

Absolute bullshit from Talksport as usual, I imagine.

That's why I don't like player part exchanges.  Take Adebayor.  On the open market he's probably worth we'll say £8m.  But if Levy wants to use him in a part-exchange, he can chance his arm and say "well for the purposes of this deal we actually value him at £16m".   Pay your money.  If we want your exchange player we'll buy him with our new kitty.

• Like 1

The list of crap they are rumoured to be throwing into a 'deal' is very revealing about the state of Liverpool's squad.  I'd take Can, Coutinho, Henderson, maybe Sturridge but he's a bit of a sicknote.  Not sure there's many others.

The list of crap they are rumoured to be throwing into a 'deal' is very revealing about the state of Liverpool's squad.  I'd take Can, Coutinho, Henderson, maybe Sturridge but he's a bit of a sicknote.  Not sure there's many others.

That Stirling fella might have a bit of resale value. I'd consider him ;)

That's why I don't like player part exchanges.  Take Adebayor.  On the open market he's probably worth we'll say £8m.  But if Levy wants to use him in a part-exchange, he can chance his arm and say "well for the purposes of this deal we actually value him at £16m".   Pay your money.  If we want your exchange player we'll buy him with our new kitty.

I suspect that's why player exchanges don't happen that often as well. Armchair fans often suffer from, er, Football Manager syndrome.

54d46015dd1f0_-_esq-taken-de.jpg

I know exactly who you are,

I know exactly what you want,

Pay the £32m and we will forget this call ever happened.

But 

If you offer me any more of your tat,

If I hear the words 'Rickie Lambert' again,

I will look for you, I will find you,

And I will kill you. 

You Slaaaaag.

Edited by av1

We don't always do too badly out of player exchanges.

We swapped Baros for Carew (a straight swap I believe).

And didn't we get Milner for a year when we flogged Nobby back to Newcastle - and he fell in love with the club.

And with that, I await a list of swaps where we got robbed :wacko:

Â