Christian Benteke

Kwan

We seriously need a striker in as we can't go through the rest of the season with him playing like this, he offers very little and anytime we get near the opposition box he is usually standing on the edge of it offering no movement when he should be pulling defenders around and getting in the 6 yard box.  His touch is woeful.

His first touch was atrocious today, looks uninterested and low on confidence.

I would be too literally having no service in the past have ever many league games.

I disagree, players of his quality the touch is there, what wasn't was his focus. He couldn't be arsed today. Two crosses into the box in the first half, and if he had crashed the 6 yard box he would have had a good chance to score. He wants it laid on a plate for him, he needs to work a dam sight harder.

He has no competition right now, which I think is a big problem, he basically knows he'll start every game. In fairness, his first touch today was on point as usual, but his commitment and effort is awful. That time when Weimann slightly over hit a pass to him, he looked to just lose his composure, slowly jogged to the ball before finding somebody to pass to, and then just walked into the box as play continued. He also looked as if he was about to throw a tantrum when Hutton passed to Weimann for his goal.

Needs to fix up, shocking attitude and it isn't just down to service quite clearly.

Edited by samjp26

I couldn't help but notice that for our second goal he was just raising his arms to give Weimann a rollocking for nicking it off him when he noticed it'd gone in. 

Not the biggest display of faith in your team mate I've ever seen!

He'll come good. I believe.

More in the shit than we are now with an uninterested, not scoring Benteke?

You can keep calling him uninterested all you want, that doesn't make it true.

What's the suggestion here then? Sell low (we'd be lucky to get £15m right now) and replace him with another striker who we don't provide chances for, in the space of a week?

Still totally stand by it.

Thought he was a bit better today myself. He still doesn't look right, but I certainly don't think it's through a lack of interest. I think his confidence is low and he's still mentally not over his foot almost falling clean off.

I'd drop him to the bench for a short while.

• Like 1

I think some of it has to do with the fact that we've stopped hoofing the ball towards him so much. If we're going to play it on the ground more we need to find ways of getting him into the game before we outgrow him as a team.

I couldn't help but notice that for our second goal he was just raising his arms to give Weimann a rollocking for nicking it off him when he noticed it'd gone in. 

4 players in the box when Gil's goal went it.  Benteke not one of 'em.

I can't defend him today, he looked dis-interested and couldn't get anywhere near the ball.

4 players in the box when Gil's goal went it. Benteke not one of 'em.

I can't defend him today, he looked dis-interested and couldn't get anywhere near the ball.

Not defending him as he was pretty poor this afternoon but he had played in Bacuna near the half way line just before hand so he wasn't there due to dropping back and linking up the play.

People still thinking it would be madness to sell him if the right fee came in?

No, but the "right fee" is more than anyone would pay. A lot more.

We continue like this, hel be worth **** all. Going on current form, 15m would probably be fair, 20m would be a decent deal, 25m would be daylight robbery. Right now he's awful.

People still thinking it would be madness to sell him if the right fee came in?

No, but the "right fee" is more than anyone would pay. A lot more.

We continue like this, hel be worth **** all. Going on current form, 15m would probably be fair, 20m would be a decent deal, 25m would be daylight robbery. Right now he's awful.

Â