Christian Benteke

Kwan

Looked a different player with Gil on the pitch

Weimann and Gil looked good together. Did not think Benteke looked any better.

When Gil got on ball with his head up benteke made a move whether it was short or long. He also played him in for a good attempt. We have to many basic players. The fact he did a step over and went past a player blew everyone's mind as it is not something we see at villa park at all

My concern is his body language. It sends out a signal that his heart isn't in it. If he still has the desire to play for the club, I would be inclined to stick with  him and support him through this bad run-If for no other reason than he's still the best option we have.

I agree with Grobs, he's not the best of finishers and has always missed his fair share of easy chances. He creates goals out of nothing all by himself though and has presence. The problem he has at present is that we were all prepared to overlook the bread & butter chances that he missed because he was contributing in other ways. That is not the case currently and either his confidence is shot or he's lost the will to give all for us.

• Like 1

We have to arrive at a point where the players irrespective of their reputation have to fight to get in the team.

players with reputations that arn't producing have to be left out.

Its all become too comfortable a B6

His last 3 goals have all been through his own brilliance. I think today he was snatching a bit and I think he's having a little dip after coming back from his injury. Our change in style means he needs a playmaker as we don't just hit him early and hope he does something. Hopefully Gill is that bloke. He made more incisive passes in 20 min than I can remember all season. I think our previous style of play hasn't helped his movement develop and also I don't think Gabby likes to pass to him whereas Weimann had a cracking relationship with him a few seasons ago. He'll come good. We just need it sooner rather than later!!

I think he should sit out the next couple. 

Disagree with that. He remains our most likely source for a goal.

100%. if the whole team perform and he doesn't, then I will agree. people are on drugs if they want to sell him. Remember, on form he is F****** class!

Â