Christian Benteke

Kwan

Selling Benteke now would be madness. He's obviously going through a goal drought, which I think is partly just what happens to strikers sometimes, and partly because we are creating very little, but I don't see how selling him now and desperately trying to sign another striker would solve that.

• Like 1

Selling Benteke now would be madness. He's obviously going through a goal drought, which I think is partly just what happens to strikers sometimes, and partly because we are creating very little, but I don't see how selling him now and desperately trying to sign another striker would solve that.

There's a piece on the BBC site by Robbie Savage about how bad our attack is.  Interesting little stat bit about Benteke though...

Christian Benteke in the Premier League Season 2012-13 2013-14 2014-15

Minutes

2823  2128  1075

Goals

19  10  2

Mins per goal

148.6  212.8  537.5

Mins per shot

38.7  40.2  33.6

Shooting accuracy

58.9%  52.8%  37.5%

Conversion rate

26%  18.9%  6.3%

Probably in a terrible format - but he's basically having more shots than ever, yet his accuracy and conversion rates have dropped off a cliff (like his goals).

Edited by bobzy

There's a piece on the BBC site by Robbie Savage about how bad our attack is.  Interesting little stat bit about Benteke though...

Minutes

2823  2128  1075

Goals

19  10  2

Mins per goal

148.6  212.8  537.5

Mins per shot

38.7  40.2  33.6

Shooting accuracy

58.9%  52.8%  37.5%

Conversion rate

26%  18.9%  6.3%

Probably in a terrible format - but he's basically having more shots than ever, yet his accuracy and conversion rates have dropped off a cliff (like his goals).

Yeah it's obvious to anyone who hasn't got an agenda against the manager that he is playing terrible and his attitude stinks over the past couple of months.

• Like 1

@Bunnski: So because I don't think it's a good idea to sell Benteke right now (assuming there's someone to buy, I haven't heard of an offer being made) you think I have an agenda against the manager? If you can find a post of me criticising Paul Lambert I'd be amazed.

I think Benteke is going through a really poor patch in terms of goal scoring, but that's not out of the ordinary for strikers, or any player, or any person come to that. My comments have nothing to do with the manager, they were about selling Benteke now, which I think would be wrong to do.

There's a piece on the BBC site by Robbie Savage about how bad our attack is. Interesting little stat bit about Benteke though...

Minutes

2823 2128 1075

Goals

19 10 2

Mins per goal

148.6 212.8 537.5

Mins per shot

38.7 40.2 33.6

Shooting accuracy

58.9% 52.8% 37.5%

Conversion rate

26% 18.9% 6.3%

Yeah it's obvious to anyone who hasn't got an agenda against the manager that he is playing terrible and his attitude stinks over the past couple of months.

Funny.

When he was injured and we couldn't score goals it wasn't lamberta fault. We were told to wait and see how good we'd be once benteke got back. Now he's back and we're not scoring goals and its still not Lambert's fault. And you talk about agendas.

Let's say benteke did come back well. He's started 15 games this season, so let's say he's in great form and scores a goal ever other game. So he's got 8 goals and we're now sitting on 17 goals from 22 games.

That's still shit and would still leave us on course to smash the clubs record of least goals scored in a season.

To honestly think its all down to benteke shows you have an agenda far greater than anyone else critical of the manager for our lack of goals.

• Like 1

I don't think Bunnski was aiming that at you, AE. There are plenty of posters saying the lack of goals is because of tactics or whatever.

Yeah since when did tactics get you anything. Don't know why they're ever discussed.

There's a piece on the BBC site by Robbie Savage about how bad our attack is. Interesting little stat bit about Benteke though...

Minutes

2823 2128 1075

Goals

19 10 2

Mins per goal

148.6 212.8 537.5

Mins per shot

38.7 40.2 33.6

Shooting accuracy

58.9% 52.8% 37.5%

Conversion rate

26% 18.9% 6.3%

Funny.

When he was injured and we couldn't score goals it wasn't lamberta fault. We were told to wait and see how good we'd be once benteke got back. Now he's back and we're not scoring goals and its still not Lambert's fault. And you talk about agendas.

Let's say benteke did come back well. He's started 15 games this season, so let's say he's in great form and scores a goal ever other game. So he's got 8 goals and we're now sitting on 17 goals from 22 games.

That's still shit and would still leave us on course to smash the clubs record of least goals scored in a season.

To honestly think its all down to benteke shows you have an agenda far greater than anyone else critical of the manager for our lack of goals.

When have I ever stated that it is all down to Benteke? He takes a big portion of the blame tho over the past couple of months as does Lambert..........

@Bunnski: So because I don't think it's a good idea to sell Benteke right now (assuming there's someone to buy, I haven't heard of an offer being made) you think I have an agenda against the manager? If you can find a post of me criticising Paul Lambert I'd be amazed.

I think Benteke is going through a really poor patch in terms of goal scoring, but that's not out of the ordinary for strikers, or any player, or any person come to that. My comments have nothing to do with the manager, they were about selling Benteke now, which I think would be wrong to do.

I probably over did it a bit in that post, apologies but alot of the Lambert out camp don't wanna acknowledge how shit Benteke has been lately because it doesn't fit in with their agenda. I don't want Benteke sold btw, I just want him to start giving everything for the team and sort himself out.

I probably over did it a bit in that post, apologies but alot of the Lambert out camp don't wanna acknowledge how shit Benteke has been lately because it doesn't fit in with their agenda. I don't want Benteke sold btw, I just want him to start giving everything for the team and sort himself out.

Fair enough mate, no worries. Apols if I took it the wrong way. That's what I want too; Benteke on form is lethal, hope he's back to his original self soon.

• Like 1

Benteke is underperforming.

That said, stats do not express is the circumstances in which the shots were taken.  I don't remember him having as many clear chances to score as he did in the previous seasons. He's had a few and missed them. The 2 league goals he did scored on the other hand were 100% his.

Let's see what happens with Gil now.

Both his league goals have been beauties this season. False dawn, I thought he and the side would really crack on after that Man Yoo game when we should have won with 10 men. Typical of us to revert back to poop. He's missed good chances in every game since.

Hopefully he'll get a scruffy one today to get something going again.

Cmon Emile you can do it brother

Fast becoming my least favourite player to watch. Makes poor, mistimed runs, is incredibly lazy and is constantly moaning and complaining at his teammates. If hate to play alongside him and he is infuriating to watch.

Either sort your head out and show you care or just hand in a transfer request and bugger off.

• Like 1

More in the shit than we are now with an uninterested, not scoring Benteke?

You can keep calling him uninterested all you want, that doesn't make it true.

What's the suggestion here then? Sell low (we'd be lucky to get £15m right now) and replace him with another striker who we don't provide chances for, in the space of a week?

Still totally stand by it.

Â