Christian Benteke

Kwan

We are on an upwards trajectory, we can only get better IMO. I am surprised people have such a low opinion of this great club, it is now inconceivable to believe that we can become a regular top 8 side. Very sad. :(

To try and indicate that anybody who doesn't believe in our direction while Messieurs Lerner and Lambert are involved is therefore slanting the club in its entirety is pretty shallow and intellectually bankrupt to be honest.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

I am not forcing my opinion on to anybody, or indicating that people are slanting the club in its entirety for not believing in our prospects as I do. People are free to have their own ideas and opinions about this club.

I was simply replying to a vague post to flesh out a debate, which I am fully entitled too. I am genuinely surprised people have such a low opinion - that it is not possible for us to become a competitive top 8 side (again) in the future? I am intrigued to know why people feel that way? I want that to be the main discussion point.

Fair enough, that's not how it read though. Anyway, I think it is quite obvious why many would be sceptical of the club reaching a competative state while we have an owner who's incompetence has been proven beyond all doubt and a manager who has lost the fans on two seperate occasions.

If you are saying we are on an upwards trajectory because of the last few weeks then that is extremely premmature in my opinion and I'd advise you to take note from last season where the same assurances of progress were being rolled out until a certain stage.

Finally, I apologise if the bit of my post that you emboldened caused any offense. As clarified above, it wasn't meant to. Though I do concede that I go a little OTT with my rhetoric at times, so take no notice. Oh, and Happy Christmas.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Can't see him being here next summer unless we bring in some quality. Quite noticeable getting more and more frustrated each week.

Well then he should also start making more intelligent runs and stop straying offside.

You mean like the numerous runs he made today which put him in a position to score a tap in, only for the cross to be hit straight at the keeper?

Would've had 2 today if we could make a pretty routine cross.

Â