Christian Benteke

Kwan

Why would be sell for anything that's not considered a ridiculous fee barring relegation? Benteke signed a 5 year deal with no release clause. Ball is in our court. Vlaar and Delph on the other hand...we should worry about. 

I'd say about 20m, it's realistic if he comes back and scores 15 goals in the second half of the season like 12/13. His next club will be getting the best years of his career anyway.

In an ideal world we keep him somehow for yet another season and he then has a storming euro 2016, ends up top scorer and we sell him then for 30m + but that's a long shot.

Why would be sell for anything that's not considered a ridiculous fee barring relegation? Benteke signed a 5 year deal with no release clause. Ball is in our court. Vlaar and Delph on the other hand...we should worry about. 

I don't know this for fact but I doubt he was so quick to sign a deal that didn't have some clause in it, or if a team in the top 6 bids he can talk to them etc.

I bet Southampton said the same thing last year but if the player wants to go all you can do is try to get the best deal you can.

Looked like Mirallas hacked a player down then pushed him in the face when squared up-to yet only gets a yellow, the inconsistencies in refereeing are absolutely atrocious and can certainly have a huge impact on a teams season.

Edit - Didn't actually touch his face was upper body but went down holding face, suppose this renders my point moot.

Edited by penguin
  • Like 1

Ha ha I'm not sure if I'm ever going to get over that red card. It is still really pissing me off.

If we had won that game our season looks very different at the moment. Im still very angry about that game, it stinks, especially what you see players getting away with.

Looked like Mirallas hacked a player down then pushed him in the face when squared up-to yet only gets a yellow, the inconsistencies in refereeing are absolutely atrocious and can certainly have a huge impact on a teams season.

Edit - Didn't actually touch his face was upper body but went down holding face, suppose this renders my point moot.

In fairness, though, Wilshere "headbutted" Fellaini in much the same way that Mason did to Benteke and, like Mason, received absolutely nothing for it.

Refereeing is consistently shit :D

• Like 1

Yep, Wilshere not only did it though, he stuck the nut it them shoved Fellaini. 5 yards from the referee, who was looking straight at the incident.

Makes my **** piss boil.

Edited by rodders0223

Lukaka seriously? i find this very offensive and even a bit racist...

The words 'mountain' and 'molehill' spring to mind.

MIght be a translation issue, with "kaka" (or words that sound like that) meaning shit or poo in a couple of european languages. I think Belgian guy might have thought it was a crude play on words to spell it like that.

i'm sorry i wasn't able to respond on this any sooner. yes kaka = shit in dutch its like crap,poo in english. so thats why i associated it as racism as it seems its all a misunderstanding.

He should take Gabbys place for Tuesday night.  If he played Today I reckon he would of scored a couple of goals, we were slicing Burnley open with ease.  Hopefully he comes back with a point to prove and gets goals on Tuesday.

• Like 2

In my simplistic footballing brain him chest controlling balls and laying them to Joe Cole so he's facing the opposition goal is a pretty good approach for Tuesday night.

It's also quite arousing to think about.

• Like 4

In my simplistic footballing brain him chest controlling balls and laying them to Joe Cole so he's facing the opposition goal is a pretty good approach for Tuesday night.

It's also quite arousing to think about.

Crouch and van der vaart did this brilliantly for spurs that one year.

Â