Christian Benteke

Kwan

I just hope that our asking price is very high. We should stop being so nice and stamp our foot down for once. Rooney has handed a transfer request in multiple times at United and he's still there. They've come out and said he's not for sale and will be staying. Why can't we do that?

Yeah we really had a pants pulled down over Young and Downing!

I'm not saying we did. We had to sell Young due to his contract running out. Which was fine. Downing was a tit. But Benteke still has 3 years left. To sell him for 20m (if that is the asking price?)IS having your pants pulled down IMO. As I said, I hope our asking price is higher than that. 

Not childish at all. Its true. Everybody gets so disappointed because you spend months convincing yourselves these players care. They don't. If people are honest with themselves regarding the level of Aston Villa then it wont feel like the players are ex girlfriends who have dumped you when they leave for bigger and better things.

Ah, the classic 'be a grumpy arse that no-one wants to talk to all year round, then you'll be less disappointed when the good players leave' method.

Nahh, I'll stick to optimism.

So! Who has Lambert got his eye on now?! Excitinngggg

Ah the classic 'be grumpy'.

Not grumpy at all to be able to know exactly where you are. For oneself, - Self realisation or Personal Orientation. Quite a decent skill to have. I will never be a Hollywood movie star. That doesnt mean I am grumpy.

Christian Benteke is too good for Aston Villa - Especially when you consider there are lots of teams that can offer much more than us. Thats not being grumpy. It is about being realistic.

Notice how the so called negativity - turned out to be the realism? My opinion only came across as negative, because of so many others expectations which were way off the mark.

Edited by Woodytom

Does anyone think we should make a stipulation of any possible sale that the buying club must by Stephen Ireland as part of the deal also.

Yeah, the guy who posted the notion about 10 pages back!  :P

Edited by privateer

Looks like its Spuds then, I genuinely doubt they will give us what we want.

Well if they don't give us what we want then they can jog on and he can spend the season with the reserves and see if he enjoys his World cup next summer.

I'll go postal if they try to make Huddlestone part of the deal.

I'll go postal if they to make Huddlestone part of the deal.

or Defoe

Then we wont sell.

Exactly

The club has released a statement saying this

If no acceptable offers are on the table by within a certain time frame he is going nowhere

Edited by AshVilla

Does anyone think we should make a stipulation of any possible sale that the buying club must by Stephen Ireland as part of the deal also.

"you can have him for £30million.

Or 20 if you agree to take Stephen Ireland with him"

• Like 1

Then we wont sell.

Exactly

The club has released a statement saying this

If no acceptable offers are on the table by the 18th of July he is going nowhere

I think you miss read the statement. We never put a deadline on selling him.

Benteke moving does make a bit of sense for him. Strike while the Iron is hot. He may not have another season as good as he had. I'm fine with him going for around 25 mil.

Hopefully Lambert has replacement strikers lined up for this eventuality.

Â