Christian Benteke

Kwan

I dont get it if it is Spurs. What do they offer that we don't? London and Europa League? Can't imagine wages being that high there and in terms of size of the club and fanbase it's pretty much similar.

and me, said it many times, if he stayed here and had another 15-20 goal season then he'd be chased by teams much bigger than spurs

he should have stayed, socred for fun again, had a great world cup and then done this, then IMO you're talking about the likes of city and other teams challenging for a title sniffing around him

shame dortmund already signed a striker

Looks like its Spuds then, I genuinely doubt they will give us what we want.

Then we wont sell.

Exactly

The club has released a statement saying this

If no acceptable offers are on the table by the 18th of July he is going nowhere

I think you miss read the statement. We never put a deadline on selling him.

They have put a deadline on it, Everyone is assuming 18th as thats when they've told him he has to return to training, he has been given 14days to sort out a deal.

Then we wont sell.

Exactly

If no acceptable offers are on the table by the 18th of July he is going nowhere

They have put a deadline on it, Everyone is assuming 18th as thats when they've told him he has to return to training, he has been given 14days to sort out a deal.

Can you post where it says this?

Then we wont sell.

Exactly

Yes after reading it again i noticed this

However they did put

‘Having received his transfer request, we have also informed him that should we receive an offer within an appropriate time frame during pre-season which meets our valuation we would act upon it. But he will remain a Villa player should this not happen"

I'm sure the club have a set cut off point in their mind for any deal to happen

One things for certain Spurs cannot afford to **** around with this deal other clubs will be interested

Edited by AshVilla

Problem is you'll get some plonker fans that think if we get 25mill that will all go on players, just their transfer fees you know!

Yes what plonkers. Expecting the sale of a star player to be reinvested on signing quality players.

Is this not the whole point of the model most have been defending all year? We buy potential for low money, if they stay with us and develop great, if they leave for big money we then go and spend it on quality.

We gambled with Benteke, it paid off and we hit the jackpot. Lambert should not have to gamble again. That jackpot should be invested in quality.

That's the only way we're going to build something.

If we have to keep on gambling because the big money fee has to also pay for a players entire wages we're going to get no where fast.

• Like 2

The statement does mention a time frame.

On the other hand, if we got a big offer in the last few days of the window I have no doubt Benteke would kick up a fuss for a move so we would probably still accept.

Edited by LondonLax

Will be interesting to see how Lambert plays this. He is now clearly no longer hungry to fight for the shirt which is PL's key stipulation for his players so one way or another he's finished here.

If he's happy to let Bent rot for a year, decimating his value and using up wages he'll probably be happy to do the same to Benteke.

God clearly wanted it to be like this.

On the other hand, if we got a big offer in the last few days of the window I have no doubt Benteke would kick up a fuss for a move so we would probably still accept.

If Benteke did this then I have no doubt PL would stick him in reserves.

Even if we got offered £30m+? No way we would turn that down I recon.

if you think about it Benteke will effetively be 3 weeks behind in terms of fitness by the time he gets back on 18th, so a deal will have to be done prior to that, now the ball is firmly in Benteke and Levy's court to see if they make an acceptable offer.

Why do people want to stick him in the reserves for a season and expect £30M? His value will rot away if we do that. He obviously don't want to be here, let him go

Even if we got offered £30m+? No way we would turn that down I recon.

In all likelyhood at that stage we wouldn't be offered that, and I think he'll be gone before that anyhow.

Why do people want to stick him in the reserves for a season and expect £30M? His value will rot away if we do that. He obviously don't want to be here, let him go

Stick him in the reserves IF he acts like the dick he is, by going on strike. No sentiments in football about, we would still recoup the 7million so no bigf deal.

Stick him in the reserves IF he acts like the dick he is, by going on strike. No sentiments in football about, we would still recoup the 7million so no bigf deal.

id rather get good money for him now, rather then trying to spite him and lose out.

• Like 1

He had a dream season, his stock is sky high. No guarantees what could happen next year. If he scores 12 goals, for example, and a year less on his contract, how much is he worth then? wont be £25m-£30m.

If it is Spurs who have turned his head, I cant see them stumping up £25m+ for him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him stay if its just them interested.

Arsenal would be perfect for him, if hes genuinely a fan, I don't think I could hold it against him too much for going there.

Chelsea, well, at least we'd get top dollar.

Man City. Top dollar.

Liverpool, Vomit.

Dortmund. Possible but unlikely. Perfect solution for us though.

Athletico Madrid. Probably cant afford it.

Anyway... Lets get this done and get Lambo spending. I don't want him playing for Villa again. Foolish boy.

• Like 3

Â