Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

The West Brom game was the first time Bacuna played in a central position (AM) in the league and was hugely influential in our victory. He is probably our only midfielder capable of getting into double figures since Milner. I would like to see him play in central midfield more consistently because he is a huge threat with both feet.

Admittedly, Leandro has a long way to go but the signs are good. 

I think he's been ok at right back, not great, and in a side with stronger, proven RB's I think he'd struggle if that was his position. But he's done ok filling there. He does seem a more natural midfielder to me, his defensive positioning isn't great, but seems to have an eye for a good ball when attacking and makes good off-the-ball runs, and he can hit a dead ball well. Considering the price we paid (can't remember what it was exactly; sub-£2mil?) he's got to be well worth the money.

I think he's been ok at right back, not great, and in a side with stronger, proven RB's I think he'd struggle if that was his position. But he's done ok filling there. He does seem a more natural midfielder to me, his defensive positioning isn't great, but seems to have an eye for a good ball when attacking and makes good off-the-ball runs, and he can hit a dead ball well. Considering the price we paid (can't remember what it was exactly; sub-£2mil?) he's got to be well worth the money.

£800k

If he can sort his touch out and make it a bit more consistent, he'll be a fine player.

Physique will always help him get away with certain things, but in order to kick on he'll have to be able to have full control over the ball.

Not half bad for £800k.

• Like 1

£800k

Blimey, thanks, that's pretty damn cheap.

£800K seems about right from his performance today. How many chances to beat the first defender with a cross does he need ?

He is absolutely not a right midfielder or a right back, why can't Lambert see that ?

He isn't a right back. You put a player out of position then he isn't going to be able to perform well consistently.

I thought he was alright in the first half when he was part of that midfield trio, shame that when they had the ball between them nobody in front of them wanted to move or get into a position where a chance could be created.

He's never been amazing.  He's had couple of half decent performances, the rest of the time he's been appalling.

Appalling? Really? Give it a rest

Yes, appalling.  Lots of games he's been as bad as Tonev, ie doesn't actually look like a footballer.  And no, I won't give it a rest.  Our club is being torn apart by that pair of clowns Lerner and Lambert, and having to watch dross like Bacuna is symptomatic of how far we've fallen.

• Like 1

He's never been amazing.  He's had couple of half decent performances, the rest of the time he's been appalling.

Appalling? Really? Give it a rest

Yes, appalling.  Lots of games he's been as bad as Tonev, ie doesn't actually look like a footballer.  And no, I won't give it a rest.  Our club is being torn apart by that pair of clowns Lerner and Lambert, and having to watch dross like Bacuna is symptomatic of how far we've fallen.

:)