Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Oh no I was simply backing up your point about him not being so bad as people make out technically.

As for his position, I'd hope we can bring in a solid right back in the Summer so he can play further forward. My worry with him at RB is that he can't play at a consistent level because it isn't natural to him, he was very solid yesterday though so who knows now.

• Like 1

He looked very shaky in his first couple of games but he certainly looks more concentrated and confident on the ball now. What I like is that he makes good attacking runs, he timed his run perfectly yesterday for the goal, he found space well for his goal against West Brom and timed a perfect 'late' run to the edge for the box and hit his shot just wide in the same game.

• Like 2

Oh no I was simply backing up your point about him not being so bad as people make out technically.

As for his position, I'd hope we can bring in a solid right back in the Summer so he can play further forward. My worry with him at RB is that he can't play at a consistent level because it isn't natural to him, he was very solid yesterday though so who knows now.

A solid right back would be great, but if we fork out 5 - 8 million for Bertrand, which I think we should, there likely won't be enough money for a right back aswell. If we sell Lowton then that amount could be used I suppose, but it won't necessarily be enough to get us a solid RB.

This is where Bacuna's versatility comes into play. He plays RB and saves us that amount to be used elsewhere. That's how I see it anyway.

Edited by AVTuco

A solid right back would be great, but if we fork out 5 - 8 million for Bertrand, which I think we should, there likely won't be enough money for a right back aswell. If we sell Lowton then that amount could be used I suppose, but it won't necessarily be enough to get us a solid RB.

This is where Bacuna's versatility comes into play. He plays RB and saves us that amount to be used elsewhere. That's how I see it anyway.

I think Lowton will go personally, so I'd say if we can purchase Bertrand, a new RB, a CAM and a DM we'll be set. That is 4 players, so shouldn't cost too much. 

He looked very shaky in his first couple of games but he certainly looks more concentrated and confident on the ball now. What I like is that he makes good attacking runs, he timed his run perfectly yesterday for the goal, he found space well for his goal against West Brom and timed a perfect 'late' run to the edge for the box and hit his shot just wide in the same game.

He does time his runs well, i agree. That's why he is able to score as a RB aswell. He wouldn't necessarily score much more from midfield either, which is why I'm content with playing him at RB.

I think Lowton will go personally, so I'd say if we can purchase Bertrand, a new RB, a CAM and a DM we'll be set. That is 4 players, so shouldn't cost too much.

Hope we can!

Should definitely stop as RB.Solid , quick, aggressive, our best player yday, what exactly would he add to midfield?

Keep him at RB, and buy 2 good midfielders in the summer. 

He'd add the points you made, plus being a goal threat. In a 5-3-2 he can get forward because we have more defenders, in a system with only 4 defenders it is more difficult because he can't do the two things at once - in my opinion anyway.

I like this guy. Baines is a quality player, and Bacuna handled him very well, and that should not be underestimated

This, not many can keep Baines at bay but Bacuna did it very well indeed.

Yeah, that is some backline for sure when okore is back. Easily top in PL.

Have we really seen him play a game in the role of...KEA? I only remember him on the right side and once at lb and of course when he recently played as a cam

Let's not forget Bacuna has had some shockers at RB this season....West Brom and Fulham stand out in my mind.

I like keeping him in midfield....he could be a worker on the right like Milner was when we first signed him. Or like Kuyt. Someone who can get up and down the line well, get some decent crosses and chip in with goals.

Interesting player. Wonder what sort of standard he'll be in say two years time when he's properly developed? Good business though getting Holman out and getting him for 800k as I see him as Holman's replacement.

• Like 2

As a right back or as a midfielder he has had some good games and some bad games in several positions now, either way it is of course helpful to have a player who will basically play wherever you put him. The fact that he has played well in more than one position is for me more important than him maybe having a few bad games, can't complain at having a player who can play well in different positions but I agree that personally I'd keep him in midfield.

I think it is vital that we bring in another right back in the Summer, I doubt Lambert thought Lowton wouldn't be cemented in the team this season and in turn I doubt he thought Bacuna would have been playing so many games in that position.

Let's not forget Bacuna has had some shockers at RB this season....West Brom and Fulham stand out in my mind.

I like keeping him in midfield....he could be a worker on the right like Milner was when we first signed him. Or like Kuyt. Someone who can get up and down the line well, get some decent crosses and chip in with goals.

Interesting player. Wonder what sort of standard he'll be in say two years time when he's properly developed? Good business though getting Holman out and getting him for 800k as I see him as Holman's replacement.

I would like to see him become a box to box midfielder like Milner. He has all the attributes to become a real star and needs to pushed as a midfielder in the future.

• Like 2

I would like to see him become a box to box midfielder like Milner. He has all the attributes to become a real star and needs to pushed as a midfielder in the future.

When he joined I'm pretty sure he said that he was a box to box midfielder and as I said before I doubt Lambert would've bought him thinking that he'd be playing at right back a lot but he could maybe work as cover if Lowton was to get injured etc. He also has the number 7 shirt which makes me think he was brought in to be a midfielder, can't wait to see him get a proper run there, we need Matty boy to sort his act out.

• Like 2

Essentially, Lambert has signed the Dutch Milner for 800k. Excellent signing.

:) let's not carried away, I do think he is turning into a very good player though

I am not. He can potentially surpass Milner with his pace, strength and skill.  :)

Essentially, Lambert has signed the Dutch Milner for 800k. Excellent signing.

:) let's not carried away, I do think he is turning into a very good player though

I am not. He can potentially surpass Milner with his pace, strength and skill. :)

Jesus Christ bacuna is a good player and a snip at 1m or whatever it was but he isn't as good as Milner, I think you've forgotten how good he was for us, especially in 09/10 when he played centre midfield

• Like 1