Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Jesus Christ bacuna is a good player and a snip at 1m or whatever it was but he isn't as good as Milner, I think you've forgotten how good he was for us, especially in 09/10 when he played centre midfield 

What was Milner doing at 22 years old? Playing for Newcastle United who finished 12th in the league and scoring only three goals, Bacuna has scored more playing the majority of the season as a Right Back. 

Milner was a great player when moved to central midfield, I just believe Bacuna has the ability to surpass him. It may or may not happen.  :P 

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Jesus Christ bacuna is a good player and a snip at 1m or whatever it was but he isn't as good as Milner, I think you've forgotten how good he was for us, especially in 09/10 when he played centre midfield 

What was Milner doing at 22 years old? Playing for Newcastle United who finished 12th in the league and scoring only three goals, Bacuna has scored more playing the majority of the season as a Right Back. 

Milner was a great player when moved to central midfield, I just believe Bacuna has the ability to surpass him. It may or may not happen.  :P 

PM?

• Like 2

I liked Milner but people have a very romantic memory about how good he was.

Bacuna gets better and better, but too early to call.

Milner wasn’t a great player. He was a great player for Villa.

Bacuna might go on to be that good, but I don’t think he has the engine and determination of Milner which is what made Milner great for us.

"I think everybody is a little bit disappointed because we defended really well and we were playing good," he said.

"It was one mistake and then a great free-kick from them.

"I don't think we should be too down as we were doing great in the last few games and we just need to keep going.

"We were defending really well and we had a great counter-attack which we scored from.

"We were a little bit unlucky that we lost but we need to keep going.

"It is tough but that is life and that's football. When this happens to you and you need to handle it and just go on to the next game."

Bacuna followed up his midweek strike against West Brom with the opener on Merseyside at the weekend - his fourth goal of the season.

It was a classic counter-attacking goal which started when Fabian Delph dispossessed Ross Barkley.

"The midfielder lost the ball and I got the ball from Christian Benteke and it was a good counter-attack," added Bacuna.

"I think it is an important part of my game to get forward and get any chances. I saw my chance and I took it."

Latest post match interview from Leo, a few times now where I've seen him do one, good to hear/see him taking on such duties.

Bacuna hasn't got enough of a footballing brain to reach the heights of Milner IMO. E.g. that chip against Hull, I doubt Bacuna would be quick thinking enough to pull that off.

Would love to be proved wrong though obvz.

Bacuna does some good things but he doesn't EFFECT the game in the same way that Milner did or even Delph right now.

I thought he scored a good goal against Everton, but i don't see him in the same light I see Delph. Delph is high tempo and all action, but he can't do it all on his own. I don't see the same work rate/Involvement from Bacuna or Westwood.

Whether he progresses to the player we want, who knows.

we have too many players that give little bits and pieces ,but no sustained performance.

Delph and Vlaar,Guzan  are exceptions.

I'm not saying they are impervious to form dips, but their overall play you can hang your hat on.

I can kind of understand the Milner comparison, but to compare him to Jimmy "the finished article" is perhaps a little unfair since Leandro has only been in the Premier League for 5 months!

For 800k (when JM cost 12 million) he's a relative success, with more to come, hopefully.

• Like 2

Bacuna does some good things but he doesn't EFFECT the game in the same way that Milner did or even Delph right now.

I thought he scored a good goal against Everton, but i don't see him in the same light I see Delph. Delph is high tempo and all action, but he can't do it all on his own. I don't see the same work rate/Involvement from Bacuna or Westwood.

Whether he progresses to the player we want, who knows.

Bacuna's first half against Liverpool was full of energy and commitment, he also riled Suarez which is a huge compliment.  :) I am fairly confident LB can be molded into a great CM given time.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Bacuna seems quite streetwise, he has got under the skin of a fair few opposition players.

He will slyly elbow you then smile and offer his hand, I like that attitude. I also think people forget he is 6,2 ft and view him as a cuddly and lightweight teddy bear.

Essentially, Lambert has signed the Dutch Milner for 800k. Excellent signing.

:) let's not carried away, I do think he is turning into a very good player though

I am not. He can potentially surpass Milner with his pace, strength and skill. :)

When SGC says you are overrating a youngster at Villa, you need to have a long hard think about what you are saying.

That said he is my favourite player alongside Delph and Vlaar for villa this season and I really hope he has a similar 2nd half to the season that Benteke had in terms of form. He really could be a quality player he just needs to get out there and show it. Getting into the Netherlands initial squad alongside Vlaar should be motivating enough

Bacuna hasn't got enough of a footballing brain to reach the heights of Milner IMO. E.g. that chip against Hull, I doubt Bacuna would be quick thinking enough to pull that off.

I disagree with the bit in bold. I think the assist against City is a good example of great vision, and the pass to Benteke against West Brom was sublime. He is a quick thinker, it is his technique that is inconsistent and ultimately lets him down.

BTW Bacuna scored a chipped goal for Groningen. 0.55 into the video below.

• Like 2

I disagree with the bit in bold. I think the assist against City is a good example of great vision, and the pass to Benteke against West Brom was sublime. He is a quick thinker, it is his technique that is inconsistent and ultimately lets him down.

BTW Bacuna scored a chipped goal for Groningen. 0.55 into the video below.

Some very good goals in this, definitely think he will be quite some player for us next season!

• Like 1