Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

I thought it was funny more than anything, I thought the booing of him afterwards was pathetic.

It shows he is actually bothered and willing, unlike others who are lauded for their apathy. It seemed that it was going to be a sort of after you on the free kicks, Lansbury took the 1st, Hourihane the 2nd etc. But then when it was Bacuna's 'go' it was Hourihane who initially whinged at the bench. Yes it was probably better for a left footer BUT if there was an order in the last game why not? Bacuna is capable of taking a decent free kick.

Same as when he got barracked a couple of games back after being asked to go left back. FFS he started out right midfield, moved to centre and having been ok was then asked to change again.

I think Bruce like that versatility and will look to keep him. I do like his industry and ability to get around, however, I cannot see how we can use him with Lansbury, Hourihane AND Jedinak in there, to say nothing of signings in the summer. 

So if we get a decent bid for him, take it and move on. 

• Like 4

Hourihane's free kicks are decent but so far are either massively overhit, like his corners OR predictable and savable by keepers. It's nice to have him taking them as you do feel there is a goal there. As with the fans wearing of t'Rovers shirt, far more is being made of this than it really warrants. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LancsVillan said:

Hourihane's free kicks are decent but so far are either massively overhit, like his corners OR predictable and savable by keepers. It's nice to have him taking them as you do feel there is a goal there. As with the fans wearing of t'Rovers shirt, far more is being made of this than it really warrants. 

Again, I disagree massively. Hourihane's deliveries are regularly into a good area, and his shots seem to hit the target fairly regularly.

Again, he hit the target with more free kicks on Sunday than bacuna's managed in half a decade.

• Like 1

Bacuna reminds me a bit of Joey Barton, in the way he has a bit of a self destruct button but just not to the same extent. They do something stupid and then spend some time redeeming themselves and then they self destruct again. 

The difference being Barton self destructing equals potential grevious bodily harm to another person whereas Bacuna self destructing just reminds everyone that he is a petulant dickhead.

Occasionally shows a degree of ability, a degree of desire.

Sadly though - I hate to criticise our own players -  he appears utterly witless and this affects everything he does (and doesn't) do.

The gulf in footballing intelligence between him and Gardner v Lansbury and Hourihane is immense, and there are other Lansbury and Hourihane out there we should be acquiring to replace Bacuna and Gardner....we can't go through a season with only 2 decent midfielders.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 3

I hope Bacuna's time is up now. He's never getting any better. As terrytini says, we need to see Lansbury and Hourihane as the minimum quality in our midfield and go for players that are equal to better. That's how we will improve the team. Same with defence really, I'd like to see another CB that's better than Baker. 

Its useful having an adaptable utility player in the squad but not if he doesn't really bring any quality. No more Bacuna next year please!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He's a definite sell for me. If Bacuna is still regularly starting games next season then we've failed to address a serious weakness in the squad. He is shit, and he's a dickhead to boot.

mic-drop.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Lansbury is massively overrated and not even close to Bacuna in terms of skill level or overall quality.

You're wrong

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Again, I disagree massively. Hourihane's deliveries are regularly into a good area, and his shots seem to hit the target fairly regularly.

Again, he hit the target with more free kicks on Sunday than bacuna's managed in half a decade.

Bacuna is a worse midfielder than Hourihane, but he's a good direct free kick taker.

Just now, bobzy said:

Bacuna is a worse midfielder than Hourihane, but he's a good direct free kick taker.

Is he?

Genuine question, what are you basing that on?

Edited by Stevo985

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Is he?

Genuinely what are you basing that on?

His direct free kicks.

From memory, he scored against Man City and Cardiff(?) and has hit the woodwork on more than one occasion.

I'm not saying he's David Beckham, but he's a good direct free kick taker.

Just now, bobzy said:

His direct free kicks.

From memory, he scored against Man City and Cardiff(?) and has hit the woodwork on more than one occasion.

I'm not saying he's David Beckham, but he's a good direct free kick taker.

Those goals were four years ago.

I'm fairly certain he hasn't got anywhere close since.

This is exactly my point. He scored two free kicks four years ago and people always say "oh he can hit them!"

He can't. He scored two very good free kicks a long time ago, but if he was a good free kick taker he'd have done something in the subsequent four years to show us that.

• Like 1