Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

On 5/11/2017 at 22:37, Zatman said:

Go through Bacuna attributes and really isnt great

Speed and Stamina - yes and he has a good engine...

Not to be downplayed, with the amount of sloths we currently have in the middle of the park.

I wouldn't be heartbroken to see him depart, but he won me over somewhat with his effort in a number of games last season. He was one of the first I wanted bombed out-and I'd say he was prob aware that most supporters felt that way too. But without ever delivering truly outstanding performances (I'm resigned to him just not being that sort of player) we often looked better with him in the side than without him last year. He gives us legs and energy we otherwise wouldn't have. 

Probably says a lot about the paucity of our other options.  

He is infuriating; I can't recall seeing too many players that look technically sound one game and then can barely kick a ball the next.  But as a squad option at least, he is fine for the time being. There are bigger priorities to move on. 

15 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

D)

Bacuna.gif

A beauty.. difficult to imagine any of our current players doing this for Villa. Or the other one on last page.,,, bar Johnny K.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

A beauty.. difficult to imagine any of our current players doing this for Villa. Or the other one on last page.,,, bar Johnny K.

Hourihane scored a better one in his last game for Barnsley. 

3 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Difficult to imagine Bacuna ever doing that again, based on the freekicks he has taken in the past couple of years.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, lexicon said:

A beauty yes but pretty much a total fluke. 

Sorry you are entering dangerous territory here. How do you judge a direct free kick as a fluke unless you had a private conversation with a player before, during, or after it? Or were in his head?

By that logic we can start re looking at all goals and examine if they were flukes or not.

Not liking a player doesn't mean you have to go into fantastical realms to discredit the few things they have done right, even if overall they are "shite".

I believe it was the winning goal as well.

Gabby's goal against Blues was a "fluke" as well I guess because of how it fell.

I'm guessing 90 percent of goals can be considered flukes by your logic.

It's amazing how much you're able to tell me about my logic based on such a small sentence. Bit rude tbf. 

Anyway, 'fluke' may not be the best term to describe it but the point is that it's hardly indicative of how he normally takes free kicks because he does not score them with anything remotely approaching regularity. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Difficult to imagine Bacuna ever doing that again, based on the freekicks he has taken in the past couple of years.

What matters is that it happened :)

I just can't hate Bacuna like most of you do.

48 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It's amazing how much you're able to tell me about my logic based on such a small sentence. Bit rude tbf. 

Anyway, 'fluke' may not be the best term to describe it but the point is that it's hardly indicative of how he normally takes free kicks because he does not score them with anything remotely approaching regularity. 

Anomaly is probably better term than fluke. He hit that one well and meant it, but has not replicated it much since then.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

What matters is that it happened :)

I just can't hate Bacuna like most of you do.

I don't hate  I just don't rate him - squad player at best - let him go .

• Like 1

Bacuna is a utility player, as a squad player and not a starter he isn't worth getting rid of. Granted he's not the best but he will put a shift in for you which is why he made as many starts as he did last season.

For me as a backup CM I would rather have Bacuna on the bench than Gardner. Plus in the case of an injury crisis as we experienced briefly last season you have a player on the bench who can cover RB, RM & CM to a decent level.

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Bacuna's not even better than Gardener in CM. At best Bacuna is a back up right back, and he's not even good there. 

I'd have rather Bacuna in the squad than Gardner - he's absolutely better than him, let alone the versatility option. 

He's not a great player, but he gets a rough ride on here. He's average but useful. 

18 hours ago, lexicon said:

Fluke is definitely not the best term then.,

A fluke is when you don't intend to do something, I think we can all agree that whether or not he can do it again he fully intended to kick the ball into the net, which is where it went.

13 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Fluke is definitely not the best term then.,

A fluke is when you don't intend to do something, I think we can all agree that whether or not he can do it again he fully intended to kick the ball into the net, which is where it went.

That's not what a fluke is. A cursory google gives us the following:

fluke1
fluːk/
noun
noun: fluke; plural noun: flukes
  1. 1.
    an unlikely chance occurrence, especially a surprising piece of luck.
    "their victory was a bit of a fluke"
    synonyms: chance, coincidence, accident, a twist of fate; More

verb
verb: fluke; 3rd person present: flukes; past tense: fluked; past participle: fluked; gerund or present participle: fluking
  1. 1.
    achieve (something) by luck rather than skill.

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

I'd have rather Bacuna in the squad than Gardner - he's absolutely better than him, let alone the versatility option. 

He's not a great player, but he gets a rough ride on here. He's average but useful. 

I'd prefer to see both depart .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

That's not what a fluke is. A cursory google gives us the following:

fluke1
fluːk/
noun
noun: fluke; plural noun: flukes
  1. 1.
    an unlikely chance occurrence, especially a surprising piece of luck.
    "their victory was a bit of a fluke"
    synonyms: chance, coincidence, accident, a twist of fate; More

verb
verb: fluke; 3rd person present: flukes; past tense: fluked; past participle: fluked; gerund or present participle: fluking
  1. 1.
    achieve (something) by luck rather than skill.

So all direct free kicks which are scored are flukes?

@Villan_of_oz

From the transfer thread:

Bacuna's whoscored.com rating for the season 14/15 was 6.54 the LOWEST rating out of any of his seasons at Villa. Whatever it is you see, you're the only one who sees it.

I'd like to know his rating from when Tim Sherwood took over to the end of the season. His best performances and most if not all of his assists came after Sherwood arrived.

Looking at his stats for the whole of 14/15, he made 19 appearances averaging 0.45 assists per game which was better than any other defender in the Premier League by a mile and 3rd in the Premier League overall behind Cesc Fabregas and Angel Di Maria. Fabregas and Di Maria were 1st and 3rd for total number of assists that season with 18 and 10.

Edited by Michael118