Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

9 hours ago, macandally said:

Truly shocking performance today, left Amavi high and dry completely and was poor wherever he was put.  

For the second goal which broke down his flank he was on the half way line when the ball went into the net, not a single effort to get back.

if this guy is in a Villa shirt next year I won't be wasting my time watching, poor excuse for a player.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, he will be. :)

He hasn't had a good season at all, a handful of good displays, just as many poor ones and the rest thoroughly average, time to go Leo. Fairly sure we can flog him to a bottom half Eredivisie team (or a top half second tier Dutch team).

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

15 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Have to question Bruces judgement on this one. This guy shouldn't be within a million miles of the first eleven. Truly awful player. The third goal for Reading just about summed him up , shocking.

With a game on Monday I can understand Bruce using the squad, but Bacuna is so shit I'd prefer he plucked someone out of the youth team instead.

• Like 1

Aside from 'getting around the pitch' I have no idea what he brings. He isn't exactly brave with or without the ball, his passing is uninspired and consistently poorly executed. He can't go past people and he can't shoot or thread balls. Does nothing and even if he is there to get around the pitch...do we even need that against these sides. We should be opening them up at will and dictating the game. Something hothead Bacuna is incapable of.

12 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I don't know how he played today, 

Shit. Atrocious player. 

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Worryingly Bruce seems to love him!

It goes deeper than that for me. 

Today against one of the worst teams in the division, we again went super defensive. No one in their right mind would conclude that Bacuna is a better fottballer than Hourihane, not even Bruce. Bacuna does however run around a bit more, which worries about Bruce moving forward.