Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Don't know how he performed yesterday, but I've seen him 'play' before. Never seen anything to suggest he's a professional footballer player, even at this level. Cannot see that changing anytime soon. He does however possess some sort of athleticism we greatly lack in the middle of the park. So I suppose his recent inclusion is justified.

16 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I would be interested to see the below:

Jedinak

Bacuna Tshibola

Technically our midfield is fairly poor but we can make up for that with two engines in the middle who will work hard for 90 minutes.

Swap Jedinak for Gardner

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I was calling for Bacuna to play CM a lot earlier in the season, thankfully Bruce has brain cell and knows about football unlike RDM

Bacuna did play CM earlier in the season and was god awful. I think it was the first match of the season, then once more later. Bacuna played right mid last night and drifted in a lot. 

On 10/19/2016 at 06:37, vreitti said:

Don't know how he performed yesterday, but I've seen him 'play' before. Never seen anything to suggest he's a professional footballer player, even at this level. Cannot see that changing anytime soon. He does however possess some sort of athleticism we greatly lack in the middle of the park. So I suppose his recent inclusion is justified.

He was at one point the highest rated right back performance wise in all of Europe. Bacuna was pretty good for us for a few months in that spot. Then for some reason Hutton was brought back in. Lambert in a nutshell. 

3 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Bacuna played right mid last night and drifted in a lot. 

He was almost certainly playing central midfield, possibly CAM, for the entire game. Half the time when we got our shape back he was the nearest player to Gestede. 

On 10/19/2016 at 12:37, vreitti said:

You've had a mare here tbh.

• Like 4

I admit, I'm not his biggest fan but he's been decent this season. He has been asked to play in a number of positions and hasn't had a bad game yet. 
He deserves another shot at being the most advanced in a midfield 3 based on his performance against Reading.

Good luck to him. 

• Like 1

I think he's given us a decent (very much needed) option in the midfield for now until the January transfer window.

The 4-5-1 formation, which can easily convert to a 4-3-3, seems to suit us but it clearly requires 2 of those midfielders to have the legs to run for 90 minutes whilst the third one holds.

Jedi/Westwood only seem fit enough to play the holding role - I would probably play Westwood in games where we need to attack more and Jedinak where we need extra strength to protect the defence.

Then for me we need four players to cover that central pairing - Tshibola, Gardner, Bacuna and Lyden.  Didn't think Bacuna could play that role but Tuesday night has given me hope.

• Like 1

He also played in the midfield 3 against Newcastle when Adomah was playing as wing back.  Bacuna was awful that day too.  That said in the first half there didn't seem to be a single player who knew what they were supposed to be doing.  That was the infamous game of the 3 centre backs at home and was a bit of a shocker all round.  I can handle him being 5th choice midfielder and 3rd choice for right back, but I don't rate him any better than that.  Sadly I'd have all but one of our midfielders as 5th choice so it is a bit of a Hobsons choice who you pick.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Straggler said:

He also played in the midfield 3 against Newcastle when Adomah was playing as wing back.  Bacuna was awful that day too.  

Wasn't that more of a 5-4-1 with Bacuna wide right? 

It was shit regardless, though I thought he was one of the better performers in the first half. At least he put himself about a bit. 

28 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Wasn't that more of a 5-4-1 with Bacuna wide right? 

It was shit regardless, though I thought he was one of the better performers in the first half. At least he put himself about a bit. 

I still have no idea what formation we were playing that day and where anyone was supposed to be playing.

• Like 1