Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

29 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I quoted from here:  http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/10220098/leandro-bacuna-planning-for-life-after-aston-villa

"Within the next two years, I try to make my next step," Bacuna told Dutch broadcaster NOS. "What it's going to be, I do not know at this time. But I want to grow in two years. It does not necessarily have to be in England."

So I guess there's a translation involved too.  It's just nothing.  In 2 years he wants to grow.  He doesn't know how that will happen or where it will be, but it doesn't necessarily need to be with us.  The cheek of the lad; just outrageous behaviour.

I'm guessing you still haven't found where he "specifically mentions looking to leave the club", so I'll file this pointless discussion under the thing I mentioned initially:  "it's basically just discussing what factually happened versus an irrational dislike of a player over exaggerated comments".

I posted the quotes I found. Like I said I shouldn't be surprised. It is a pointless discussion as you had no issue with Gil letting his agent say he had no intention of playing for us. 

The whole theme of his interview is about his future away from us, he's talking about the possibility of leaving England and clubs in Holland get mentioned.

On its own it's not the worst thing in the world. Just like lescott's tweet, but in the context of our season and his individual performances it becomes a big deal and rightly pissed off a lot of fans. 

You didn't mind. Well good for you. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

I posted the quotes I found. Like I said I shouldn't be surprised. It is a pointless discussion as you had no issue with Gil letting his agent say he had no intention of playing for us. 

The whole theme of his interview is about his future away from us, he's talking about the possibility of leaving England and clubs in Holland get mentioned.

On its own it's not the worst thing in the world. Just like lescott's tweet, but in the context of our season and his individual performances it becomes a big deal and rightly pissed off a lot of fans. 

You didn't mind. Well good for you. 

Oh nice, you've got the interview too?  I'd like to read that.  Link me please.

FYI, I actually find the Lescott tweet a lot worse.

As I say, players are very often asked about their futures with journalists trying to get a scoop.  Bacuna's answer is so vague - and he's even talking about 2 years down the line - that it just doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Lescott's was basically a "who cares, look what I've got" tweet during a tough time.  No hassle from a journalist or anything that he needed to respond to.  Just a blatant lack of class, professionalism and, frankly, effort which seemed to translate on to the pitch.

• Like 2

The main reason I find all this interview stuff pointless is that I think he's awful at football. At times he shows literally no awareness of what's going on around him. I can't wait to see the back of him coz I don't think he's good enough for us. After that what is there left to say? And why would it matter what he thinks about stuff?

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

FYI, I actually find the Lescott tweet a lot worse.

As I say, players are very often asked about their futures with journalists trying to get a scoop.  Bacuna's answer is so vague - and he's even talking about 2 years down the line - that it just doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Lescott's was basically a "who cares, look what I've got" tweet during a tough time.  No hassle from a journalist or anything that he needed to respond to.  Just a blatant lack of class, professionalism and, frankly, effort which seemed to translate on to the pitch.

Lescott's tweet was awful. 

I just find the timings of bacuna's comments really disrespectful when everything else was going on. Why even talk about your future while the club you are playing badly for is being relegated? 

He is such a liability on the pitch and I get nervous when he plays. It may be giving away a penalty, a freak throw in or a freak back pass, it just makes the team unsettled. The first time I can remember seeing him playing as a right back was in the 2-0 loss to Fulham a coulpe of seasons ago, and even before he gave away a stupid penalty he constantly made dangerous passes in the middle. Clearly he hasn't learned by now and I don't think he will. He has some good attributes, but it doesn't matter when you can't trust him.

If he must play he should be playing further up the pitch and not right back... the good old Yacouba Sylla tactic - you're not good enough to be trusted with the ball in our own half, so we'll play you as a pressing player in front of the midfield. 

8 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I agree predominantly with @DCJonahAND I think his attitude so far under the new manager on and, presumably, off the pitch has been exceptional. 

Compare and contrast this with the likes of Adama, Gil, Gana and allegedly Veretout and he's alright by me.

Fickle I know, but he's earned his reprive. 

He has and I've got no problem with him redeeming himself. It would be nice if he could. 

I couldn't agree more when you compare other players. Gil refusing to play, Adama demanding to leave and Gana messing the club around. All players who have received probably more support from fans than they deserve. 

Then we have someone who was booed every time he touched the ball. Was shouted at while getting on to the coach. And he's here happy to play in what ever position he's asked to play in and has done well so far. 

Hope he keeps the redemption up. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, One For The Road said:

How is this idiot making a living as a professional footballer?

Seriously get a grip he was actually good today in my opinion, i think people just like having digs at certain players for sake of it.

He did dome great tackles today,one really crucial one. Im glad he is getting some yellows shows he is putting dome effort in unlike last year. 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 3