Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

I didnt mind his comments.. but some of his performances last season were beyond shit. 

Maybe it was a confidence thing.. but he had a great game on the weekend. Lets see if he can keep it up. Got a feeling Hutton will play against Huddersfield though. Hope not. 

26 minutes ago, KSV said:

I didnt mind his comments.. but some of his performances last season were beyond shit.  

Within reason I couldn’t give a shit what players say as long as they are doing the business on the pitch. Had we been doing OK last season and Bacuna been playing well few would have batted an eye lid at his comments. As it was due to the crap being served up on the pitch every comment off it was blown out of proportion.

There is a way back for Bacuna he if continues to perform as he did on Saturday.

• Like 1

Thought he had a decent game to be honest. Was quite often left with two against one due to Ayew not really playing a right midfield role and he came out on top more often than not. Few mistakes but who doesn't make mistakes and I think he's largely had a decent start to the season.

Additionally he put in a few decent balls into the box for Rudy. We could definitely do with a RB but Bacuna is by far the best option in our current squad in that position..

• Like 2

On 16/08/2016 at 06:41, sexbelowsound said:

I thought his comments were along the lines of "If I go back to Holland it'll be to Ajax or PSV as they play Champions League".

The problem was that while he was playing poorly and the club was being relegated, he was in the press talking about how he was looking to leave the club, that seems to be ignored by those who defend him. 

The champions league comments were just the icing on the cake to the complete lack of respect he showed with his timing of these comments. 

This added to his performances last year meant he deserved everything he got. 

He's on his way to redeeming himself and could be a valuable squad player this season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

The problem was that while he was playing poorly and the club was being relegated, he was in the press talking about how he was looking to leave the club, that seems to be ignored by those who defend him. 

The champions league comments were just the icing on the cake to the complete lack of respect he showed with his timing of these comments. 

This added to his performances last year meant he deserved everything he got. 

He's on his way to redeeming himself and could be a valuable squad player this season. 

I hate the way people keep throwing around "defend him" when it's basically just discussing what factually happened versus an irrational dislike of a player over exaggerated comments (i.e: the whole **** playing for Barcelona shit that carried on for months).

A footballer said he'll look to make his next move in 2 years and, when asked whether he would consider moving back to Holland, he said only to a team in the Champions League.  How on Earth this whole scenario became a big deal is beyond me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I hate the way people keep throwing around "defend him" when it's basically just discussing what factually happened versus an irrational dislike of a player over exaggerated comments (i.e: the whole **** playing for Barcelona shit that carried on for months).

A footballer said he'll look to make his next move in 2 years and, when asked whether he would consider moving back to Holland, he said only to a team in the Champions League.  How on Earth this whole scenario became a big deal is beyond me.

You don't think talking about looking to leave while the season is still happening is a big deal? How many players do that? 

And saying that while contributing to relegating the club and playing terrible football week in week out just makes that worse. 

It's pretty clear how the scenario became a big deal. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

You don't think talking about looking to leave while the season is still happening is a big deal? How many players do that? 

And saying that while contributing to relegating the club and playing terrible football week in week out just makes that worse. 

It's pretty clear how the scenario became a big deal. 

Players get interviewed all the time and make comments about their future.  Bacuna didn't once say he "wanted to leave the club".  It's just nothing at all, but fans jumped on it/him because we were having a shit season.

The abuse even carried on into this one!  Just **** embarrassing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Players get interviewed all the time and make comments about their future.  Bacuna didn't once say he "wanted to leave the club".  It's just nothing at all, but fans jumped on it/him because we were having a shit season.

The abuse even carried on into this one!  Just **** embarrassing.

He specifically mentions looking to leave the club. While the season is still on. While we're relegated. While he's playing awful every week. 

It's pretty clear why fans weren't happy with that. 

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He specifically mentions looking to leave the club. While the season is still on. While we're relegated. While he's playing awful every week. 

It's pretty clear why fans weren't happy with that. 

Find where he says he wants to leave.  There's a quote of him saying he's looking to make his next step within 2 years and he doesn't know what that is.  Nothing about leaving.  So, find it.

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Find where he says he wants to leave.  There's a quote of him saying he's looking to make his next step within 2 years and he doesn't know what that is.  Nothing about leaving.  So, find it.

"Within two years now I try to make my next move. Where this is going to be, I don’t know"

No doubt you'll argue by move he means from RB to winger. 

So you've just quoted what I've already put.  Find me the article where he says he wants to leave.  That's what you've accused him of.

"He specifically mentions looking to leave the club."

As I say, find it.

Edited by bobzy

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

So you've just quoted what I've already put.  Find me the article where he says he wants to leave.  That's what you've accused him of.

"He specifically mentions looking to leave the club."

As I say, find it.

I shouldn't be surprised. 

I've just given you the quote where he mentions he is looking to leave. He's talking about his next move within 2 years and trying to move.  What on earth do you think he's talking about? 

You used the word step and not knowing what that would be. Which isn't the words he used. 

21 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I shouldn't be surprised. 

I've just given you the quote where he mentions he is looking to leave. He's talking about his next move within 2 years and trying to move.  What on earth do you think he's talking about? 

You used the word step and not knowing what that would be. Which isn't the words he used. 

I quoted from here:  http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/10220098/leandro-bacuna-planning-for-life-after-aston-villa

"Within the next two years, I try to make my next step," Bacuna told Dutch broadcaster NOS. "What it's going to be, I do not know at this time. But I want to grow in two years. It does not necessarily have to be in England."

So I guess there's a translation involved too.  It's just nothing.  In 2 years he wants to grow.  He doesn't know how that will happen or where it will be, but it doesn't necessarily need to be with us.  The cheek of the lad; just outrageous behaviour.

I'm guessing you still haven't found where he "specifically mentions looking to leave the club", so I'll file this pointless discussion under the thing I mentioned initially:  "it's basically just discussing what factually happened versus an irrational dislike of a player over exaggerated comments".