Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Bacuna misplaces a pass, he's crap, Delph or any of the other midfielder misplace it, unlucky guy. Bacuna never stops running for the side, people say he can't cross, though he put in the best cross. What makes me laugh, is when people say give Grealish a run, he needs 5 to 6 games, I doubt Bacuna has played more than that in a row. Think he needs to play as one of the 3 in CM, as he drives at the defence and tries to shoot.

The fact Bacuna can't control the ball means I'm not rushing to give him more starts. He was one of, if not our worst player on Saturday.

Controlled it well enough for the goal, so it can't be a fact can it.

The ball rolled seven yards dead weight to him? Yeah I'll give you that, he brought that under very well.

Amazing that he came to Villa as a wingback, hes a total liability defensively.

he came as a midfielder, lauded for his versatility and his set pieces

I don't think he'd ever been a regular wing back till Lambert played him there

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

"Can't see what he offers more than Westwood or Delph?"....well he has scored, and i think more assists than either.

A midfield of Sanchez, Delph and Bacuna with Gil and Sinclair either side of CB, against the top 10 teams, and a midfield of Delph , Sanchez, Gil and Sinclair with Weimann and CB against the rest.

He's crap but he seems to pull one or two moments of quality out in a game.

In games like today, against those sorts of teams, it's worth having him in there.

Against better teams I'm not sure we can afford to carry him for 89 minutes to hope he has that 1 minute of quality.

Huh? You mean like against Man City last season ;-)

I didn't say he couldn't do it against the big teams.

I said we cant' afford to carry him in the hope that he does.

Last season was last season. We're worse this season.

Edited by Stevo985

Leo really is a puzzle. I don't even know where he should play. I used to like him at RB, and he was able to score from there aswell. Now, I don't know. However, as long as he scores once in a while, he should play. We need each one of those goals.

Leo really is a puzzle. I don't even know where he should play. I used to like him at RB, and he was able to score from there aswell. Now, I don't know. However, as long as he scores once in a while, he should play. We need each one of those goals.

Do you think it'd be worth sticking him just behind Benteke to play off him as a really attacking forward/second striker? He seems to know where the goal is, and is fairly quick.

He scores goals and creates goals - he could kick it out for a throw in rest of the time, wouldn't bother me.

He is not a bad defender either.

Now here are some players who don't score, don't create ,and are poor defensively who have played instead of Bacuna.

Gabby

Nzog

Richardson

Cleverly

They have all tried to create and score from attacking wide positions and failed.

If you can't see Bacunas talent - you guys are blind.

• Like 2

I really don't remember him being that bad last year.  The fact that he could adjust well to being a right back shows that he is a good footballer.  Needs games and someone giving him a boot up the backside now and again.  Apart from Lowton he is our best crosser.

Bacuna misplaces a pass, he's crap, Delph or any of the other midfielder misplace it, unlucky guy. Bacuna never stops running for the side, people say he can't cross, though he put in the best cross. What makes me laugh, is when people say give Grealish a run, he needs 5 to 6 games, I doubt Bacuna has played more than that in a row. Think he needs to play as one of the 3 in CM, as he drives at the defence and tries to shoot.

The fact Bacuna can't control the ball means I'm not rushing to give him more starts. He was one of, if not our worst player on Saturday.

Sunday. I like him, no world beater but he offers something.

• Like 1

For what we paid for him I think he's been quite a successful signing.

We paid something like 700k for him, right? The free kick vs City was worth that alone.

Don't forget the assist to Karim in that game. He also won us the Cardiff game - won the free kick and scored it. When it's come to the crunch - Leandro (what an awesome name) has delivered. Needs to simplify his game and find a firm position in the team to get better IMO.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

For what we paid for him I think he's been quite a successful signing.

We paid something like 700k for him, right? The free kick vs City was worth that alone.

£700k initially, risen to about £1m by now I think due to appearances. Absolute steal.

• Like 1

Benteke is the only other player in our team who could gave scored that goal on Sunday. Bacuna is the only player who has scored from free kicks. I would have him in a midfield 3 of bacuna Sanchez delph

He has more positives attributes than a lot of our players and less weakness but whatever he does wrong get blown out of proportion

It's a pet hate of mine when people say things like "yes he scored a goal, made this pass and this cross, but what else does he offer?". Really grinds my gears, in an "apart from that, what have the Romans ever done for us" kind of way. It's so ridiculous it is laughable. 

Over the past 18 months he has probably been our most valuable player in terms of match winning moments. In fact not probably, definitely. Should he start every week? No, I don't think so, but when you need a little rabbit pulled from the hat he is our guy.

I'd absolutely take him over Weimann at home.   

• Like 4

I just don't know where I am with Bacuna. On the one hand, he scores goals and pops up with a decent pass here and there; but when he isn't doing that he invariably looks like the worst player on the pitch. Should only play as a wide forward for me, lacks any of the composure necessary to play in midfield. I can't understand people saying he should be starting every week, because he just isn't good enough IMO

I'm one of his severest critics and I still have issues with his basics. Sometimes he doesn't look like a footballer at all.

But even I have to conceed that the guy comes up with very good goals at important times. For that alone he deserves a break (from me at least) and a few starts.

He really is an enigma.

He's consistently inconsistent, however, he's not really had a run of 10 or so games in which to find any consistency, let alone 10 games in one position.

Stick him in a free role along with Gil/Sinclair/Wiemann/Gabby behind Benteke and you'll see the best of him. 

Just let him attack, because the guy doesn't know what he's doing, never mind the defenders :lol:

• Like 1

He obviously has his limitations but I still like him. I think he'll benefit from Sherwood's clearer (simpler, in a sense) approach. If he can be played to the few strengths he has, then he can be an effective player.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1