Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

I thought he was awful but what a finish.

So strange that he can't cross, his passing is poor yet he can curl a ball into which ever corner he wants.

Who put the ball on Delph's head in the start of the second half??

1 out of how many? On the whole his crossing was poor.

He also put in an excellent few crosses in the first half. The one where Benteke couldn't quite header it, hit his chest and fumbled into the keeper. Bacuna can cross a ball, best out of the midfielders we have imo.

• Like 3

He was by far our most creative player today, he put good crosses in the box, assisted Benteke's disallowed goal after a good passing move, scored a brilliant goal. Puts a shift in defensively.

He can be very sloppy at times, but it's a tradeoff I'd be more than willing to take. I'd have him over Gabby or Weimann in that wide position any day of the week.

I would go so far as arguing that he has been our most influential player in this cup run.

This, all day. He also played that great over-the-top ball in the build up to our second goal last round.

In a team dying for goals, he needs to start.

• Like 2

He's crap but he seems to pull one or two moments of quality out in a game.

In games like today, against those sorts of teams, it's worth having him in there.

Against better teams I'm not sure we can afford to carry him for 89 minutes to hope he has that 1 minute of quality.

• Like 2

Strange player. He can look totally sub-standard for 70 minutes but he's also got genuine quality in his locker. Not a great performance today but I vital goal. I thought he'd score when he got into that position. 

He is the player we expected from N'Zogbia

I dont think one good performance in a cup game warrants a starting job the rest of the way. Start him in the next cup match and take it from there. I like Bacuna and hope to see more of him, just not during this run up. Too inconsistent.

I dont think one good performance in a cup game warrants a starting job the rest of the way. Start him in the next cup match and take it from there. I like Bacuna and hope to see more of him, just not during this run up. Too inconsistent.

why not? He done more in last 2 cup games than Delph, Cleverley or Westwood all season

I knew he was going to score from that situation. I think he's a useful player whether he starts or not

Yeah, as soon as the ball went to him I called the goal. You could just see he was going to have the time and space to cut inside and he's got a great curling shot, never in doubt.

He's crap but he seems to pull one or two moments of quality out in a game.

In games like today, against those sorts of teams, it's worth having him in there.

Against better teams I'm not sure we can afford to carry him for 89 minutes to hope he has that 1 minute of quality.

Huh? You mean like against Man City last season ;-)