Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Offers you plenty of aggression and pace, and a couple of times his work defensively got us out of trouble.

A lovely pass for the 2nd goal, but overall i like him.He comes in and out, and we expect miracles, i would have him in the team over Westwood every day of the week.

• Like 1

Although he's got a bit of stick in the match thread, and not without justification, it was his pass that found Gil for the first, and his pass that found Hutton for the second. Both perfectly-weighted passes. He made several in that game inbetween a few woeful cockups. As Krisagg says: there is something there.

• Like 2

His biggest issue is he needs too much time on the ball.  When he has space and time he is top quality but when he is under pressure he struggles.  Definitely alot of potential if he can sort that side of his game out and he could be a top player for us.  Am still not sure of his position. 

Although he's got a bit of stick in the match thread, and not without justification, it was his pass that found Gil for the first, and his pass that found Hutton for the second. Both perfectly-weighted passes. He made several in that game inbetween a few woeful cockups. As Krisagg says: there is something there.

There is something there, and there's something lacking. He doesn't really take part in the build up play, but then all of a sudden he makes a nice pass for a goal. It's just that he seems to not be there in the game, but then has instinct and enough quality. I really don't know if he should play or not. And if he plays, I don't know what position. I suspect he'll go back to bench when Delph returns.

• Like 1

Seems to lack concentration, very inconsistent with the ball at his feet, he really does go from the sublime to the absolute ridiculous in the space of a couple of minutes.

This.

His time on the bench has increased his ability in some supporters' eyes.

He's good for a set piece, and can show moments of quality.

But he really isn't a very good player, especially in possession.

Edited by Stevo985

He has several flaws to his game as we have seen today, but it seems to me that if he gets enough game time (possibly in the same position) he can sort them out, as none of them seem to be down to lack of ability. He is one of the few players at the club that can deliver the "final ball". His defensive contribution is also valuable.

• Like 1

Offers you plenty of aggression and pace, and a couple of times his work defensively got us out of trouble.

A lovely pass for the 2nd goal, but overall i like him.He comes in and out, and we expect miracles, i would have him in the team over Westwood every day of the week.

What's Westwood got to do with it? Bacuna played on the wing today. When has Westwood ever played on the wing? Why do you feel the need to belittle him at every opportunity? It's absolutely pathetic. You've said you'll never rate him which is fine and that's your opinion, but always taking the opportunity to belittle him, even when it's not relevant is absolutely ridiculous IMO.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Bacuna played central in the first half. 

He didnt struggle last season as he had consecutive games.. being in and out hasnt helped him this season. Doesnt deserve to be dropped.. he had a bad game and was involved in our two goals.

Seems to lack concentration, very inconsistent with the ball at his feet, he really does go from the sublime to the absolute ridiculous in the space of a couple of minutes.

This.

His time on the bench has increased his ability in some supporters' eyes.

He's good for a set piece, and can show moments of quality.

But he really isn't a very good player, especially in possession.

Not a very good player but he is a decent to good player though, started and set up both of our goals yesterday. Let's give him a chance.

That was a quality ball for the second half, I'll give him that.  I think we need to play him.  He may have flaws in his game, but with the improved defence we need to gamble on a bit of extra creativity.  We can't afford Cleverley and Westwood in the same team, so which ever one of those you go for (and I'd go for Westwood on current form tbh) I'd pick Bacuna as well.

• Like 3