Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Totally disagree that he's poor technically. I think he's shown otherwise with countless excellent crosses, freekicks and the odd pass. Of course he is extremely inconsistent, like a lot of players who first come to this league.

His biggest issue for me is his naivety, which again comes through experience. LB is very experienced for his age, but coming to this league from Holland, he has tried too many things that can't come off in this league due to the high intensity. Hopefully LB will learn from this, and he will evolve into a very good player for us.

For the price we paid, and his performances, he certainly was the best buy of the summer for us (albeit of a bad bunch).

• Like 3

Totally disagree that he's poor technically. I think he's shown otherwise with countless excellent crosses, freekicks and the odd pass. Of course he is extremely inconsistent, like a lot of players who first come to this league.

His biggest issue for me is his naivety, which again comes through experience. LB is very experienced for his age, but coming to this league from Holland, he has tried too many things that can't come off in this league due to the high intensity. Hopefully LB will learn from this, and he will evolve into a very good player for us.

For the price we paid, and his performances, he certainly was the best buy of the summer for us (albeit of a bad bunch).

I actually disagree about the bad bunch part. I used to think that, but the two most expensive signings have suffered long term injuries and showed flashes prior to that.

But for 800k, an exceptional buy.

does fine in patches and i'll never fault anyone who gets in position to score a goal and then does score it, howsoever it may happen....

am always terrified with him playing at right back though, although that may simply be a result of the one or two shockers he has had in that position, and may be an unfair reflection of his overall performance in that position...

For someone that was bought for 800k, in his first season in a foreign country and foreign league, he's done well and can only get better.

I think we all forget that he's only 22, making him younger than Albrighton and Baker.

Cracking finish today!! They all count!

That's how I see it too. For the peanuts we've paid for him, he's been a good signing and his versatility is a real asset to the squad as well

• Like 1

I don't agree that he's poor technically, shows some good touches but I think at times is a little slow, if he makes decisions quicker he'd be a better player. I do like him, proper box-to-box midfielder.

I don't agree that he's poor technically, shows some good touches but I think at times is a little slow, if he makes decisions quicker he'd be a better player. I do like him, proper box-to-box midfielder.

It shows that he's still adapting to the pace of the premier league, if he can adapt his playing to suit PL more, he's gonna be cracking signing for 800k.

• Like 2

I like him but he's so poor technically.

He's raw, but young and strong and with time can be a very good player.

So poor technically that he beat Englands number 1 from 20 yards with a wall to beat, shocking technical ability that

In terms of control, passing and dribbling yes he's technical ability is quite poor. Doesn't mean he can't take a great free kick though.

Could turn out be be a very decent player - his versatility is an asset to Villa.

I think he's a great player to have in the squad.

I actually agree with Big John for once.

I don't think he*'s technically very good. But his versatility is an asset as well as his pace and power.

Great player to have in the squad, just not totally sure he should be a regular starter.

*Bacuna, obviously. Not Big John, he's very technically gifted

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1