Jores Okore

Jesperchr

1 hour ago, NIVillan said:

All these fans calling out Okore skill as a defender, I wonder what they would have done in what was basically a 3 on 1 situation.

Considering the situation he was in there are two things a defender should do. Either : 

1. Realizing Amavi is actually trailing their attackers, Okore should have instantly closed down the man with the ball leaving his passing options offside. Or
2. Keep moving in straight line to the attacker/ball, so that he'd be able to react whatever the man with the ball decides to do. 

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan

It was almost like he was expecting Hutton or at least Richards to be to his right and should be able to cover that runner and ran toward 'his' man which he should have been marking. I think he learned today what it's like playing at CB with Richards. Expect him to be in position to your own peril. 

7 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Who said I have all that awareness and skill? I said that what he did there would've embarrassed a 12 year old me. I was coached long before that, as a defender, to NOT RUN AWAY FROM THE BALL.

Sometimes it really is that simple. Full stop. Not something you should have to teach or remind a professional centre back who is 24 years old and wears the number 5 shirt at Aston Villa Football Club. Number 5 shirt people. Think about that for a second whichever generation you are from.

He had a very good first half playing along side Baker, second half with Richards was a shambles. If you watch the start of the 2nd hlaf, it looked like he was positioned at RCB, and Richards LCB. They get in a right old mess early on and switch. Not sure who made that call, but Okore didn't fair too well there. I think he very good cover for Elphick, but not for Baker.

probably the worst CB performance i've seen during my whole time supporting the club

Just before the goal he charged out of defence into central midfield, when there was little danger, put a powder puff tackle in then got bypassed. He then proceeded to walk / jog back while Luton attacked and we were left 3 v 4. I was still cursing him about that when he then passed the ball into his own net under no pressure at all. I was apopletic by this point and would have probably harmed the bloke if he had been in close proximity.

Little talent there to start with, no footballing brain, and on top of that his confidence is shot. Gutted as i thought he would end up being an asset for us, instead he is just another problem with have to deal with. Seriously pissed off how everything we touch seems to turn to piss at the moment.

Edited by carlitobrigante

10 minutes ago, carlitobrigante said:

probably the worst CB performance i've seen during my whole time supporting the club

Just before the goal he charged out of defence into central midfield, when there was little danger, put a powder puff tackle in then got bypassed. He then proceeded to walk / jog back while Luton attacked and we were left 3 v 4. I was still cursing him about that when he then passed the ball into his own net under no pressure at all. I was apopletic by this point and would have probably harmed the bloke if he had been in close proximity.

Little talent there to start with, no footballing brain, and on top of that his confidence is shot. Gutted as i thought he would end up being an asset for us, instead he is just another problem with have to deal with. Seriously pissed off how everything we touch seems to turn to piss at the moment.

So his performance was worse than Richards last night?

yep from what i watched, although admittedly i missed the first half. Did Richards do anything worse than the abomination of that own goal? That alone should be a sackable offence.

Oh and i dont want to see Richards at CB ever again either. I'd give him one last shot to see if he is any better than Hutton at RB, and if no then get rid asap.

Edited by carlitobrigante

18 minutes ago, carlitobrigante said:

I thought that was Richards?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, carlitobrigante said:

yep from what i watched, although admittedly i missed the first half. Did Richards do anything worse than the abomination of that own goal? That alone should be a sackable offence.

Well he dived in head first for the 2nd goal, and left Okore all alone. The OG, he fell over with the slightest of nudges looking for a free kick.He should have stood the player up, and the ball wouldn't even have been crossed in. Basics, as a defender, you don't dive in, and you stay on your feet.

As I said earlier, Okore is not a left sided CB and got his feet messed up, and reacted poorly. He should have done better

Edit* Have a look who kept their forward onside for the first goal. The player who was behind the center half who would normally call the line.

Edited by villianusa
Additional Info

Every single footballer on the planet that watched Richards' display last night was laughing at him and probably still are @carlitobrigante every single one. How embarrassing for him. I think his family were embarrassed by him. I just hope for his sanity on a humane level he understands how laughable his ego is, how laughable he is and his actions are wherever he tries to run away from himself next. A child in a mans body unfortunately. no more chances though eh?

oh yeah, okore thread.

I like Okore and think he could be decent but to be honest I am no longer arsed whether he stays or goes.  He is part of the squad from last year and I am advocating a huge clear out.  i wanted Gana to stay and he's gone I want Ayew to stay as well but to be frank if we cleared them all out I would not be that concerned. As long as we start with that turd Richards

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

It's the most baffling own goal I've ever seen. He's so casual in the build up, and what did he expect from shoving his foot at the ball like that? 

Whilst he should obviously do a lot better, I think he's just caught flat-footed from the slight touch by Bunn. 

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Whilst he should obviously do a lot better, I think he's just caught flat-footed from the slight touch by Bunn. 

Slight touch or not, what was he actually trying to do? Without the touch, he'd probably just be kicking the ball back at Bunn who is on the floor.

5 hours ago, villianusa said:

So his performance was worse than Richards last night?

Definitely.

Too bad he hit the crossbar with his second best effort.

Edited by AVTuco

8 hours ago, villianusa said:

Well he dived in head first for the 2nd goal, and left Okore all alone. The OG, he fell over with the slightest of nudges looking for a free kick.He should have stood the player up, and the ball wouldn't even have been crossed in. Basics, as a defender, you don't dive in, and you stay on your feet.

As I said earlier, Okore is not a left sided CB and got his feet messed up, and reacted poorly. He should have done better

Edit* Have a look who kept their forward onside for the first goal. The player who was behind the center half who would normally call the line.

and worst of all he made a foul throw 

Â