Jores Okore

Jesperchr

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

I really think selling Okore is a bad idea. If he has asked to leave because he isn't going to be getting first team minutes, that is one thing and I can understand us selling then. 

He is a good defender. Keep him if we possibly can. 

I think it is this. I think RDM is having him as a squad player. Certainly he has been involved with some of the positive press over the last 2 months I'm sure. I also thought he had picked up a knock; hence why not on the bench or is that not correct? Anyway still think he is in RDM's plans just not as first choice.

The whole Eric Black thing; never will truly know, but I believe Okore over Black, he's a more "credible witness". However it certainly suggests Okore wants first team football. Would he get that at Copenhagen? Probably. I don't think RDM and Tony would keep him unnecessarily but because of the lateness are probably scratching around the loan market for a replacement as there's no point buying another CD when we have just bought 2 and we should only buy players to improve. Think we would loan a player for cover/competition.

Anyway he certainly was not one of the worst; I would have wished Richards/Lescott gone before him. Hope he does well if he goes :)

His contract is running down and I can't see him playing much, so fair enough to let him go, though it leaves us a bit light for cover.  It's sad because I think he could have been a decent player but ever since his bad injury he has seemed slow over the first few yards and it has often cost us as he's always been on the back foot,

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

He is crap, and has mostly been crap since he arrived apart from a couple of decent games. His positioning is awful, his attitude is dreadful and he has no reedeming qualities what so ever.

• Like 1

I think the injury killed what could have become a very good player.

He can no longer play in the same style he used to and I'm not sure he has what it takes to adapt.

28 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

His contract is running down and I can't see him playing much, so fair enough to let him go, though it leaves us a bit light for cover.  It's sad because I think he could have been a decent player but ever since his bad injury he has seemed slow over the first few yards and it has often cost us as he's always been on the back foot,

Yeah he is into his last year, and as you say won't be playing much. For me it's a massive shame, as he came with so much promise, but the knee injury rocked him, and by reports his return was handled poorly. He's still young enough to go away and rebuild himself, and come back stronger, if he can.

5 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Where's he off to then? Germany? 

FC Copenhagen just qualified for the Champions League so it's been suggested he's off to them.

They have a somewhat solid albeit aging CB group so it's not impossible...

Edited by sne

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I fail to see how anyone can hold this opinion. He has demonstrated throughout his villa career that he's not good enough. Yet another player too many people look at with claret and blue glasses on. If he was playing for another team everyone would be calling him the Danish Titus bramble. Nigel reo-coker syndrome. 

Not that I need to prove my point, the fact that we are giving him away says it all and that he's 4th choice centre back in a championship team, but we signed Lescott and richards to play ahead of him because he was deemed worse than those two. Yes you read that right, lescott and richards! 

Bye jores, glad to see you leave.

Edited by villa89

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Lambert's hit rate really is low. 

Okore has never lived up to the hype and Luton meant his time was up.

His time was up long before Luton

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If that was the case other clubs woukd have come in for him

Sure, that's how it works.... I have seen enough of him to know that he is good enough for Villa. But your opinion might differ.

• Like 1

He apparently wants out. Per Dr Tony the Luton game was a chance for certain players to prove themselves (paraphrasing) and he had a mare. On balance then, not surprising he is going and take your pick on the reason.

Personally I think there is a good player in there but to be blunt we cannot afford to give him the chances to prove that. Get him off the wage bill, get a fee albeit small and move on.

The Danish league might be pretty weak, but FCK play in Europe every year, either in the CL or Europa League.

They have loads of Swedish, Danish and Norwegian nationals in their squad and Okore is probably on par with them (if that).

FWIW Daniel Agger moved home to Bröndby a few years back from Liverpool, he was 28 at the time.

Only issue is if they would be willing to pay his wages, sure they can afford it, but is he wort it?

Edited by sne

I had the same opinion as Czechlad....before the Luton game.

In the last few years our best defensive runs have come with Okore as a regular....14/15 him and Clark were excellent for a few months (and Clark has generally been rubbish playing with pretty much everyone else) and even in the car crash of last season we kept clean sheets v Palace, West Brom and Norwich with him in the team in what was our best defensive run by a mile.

Then he had a shocker in the Liverpool 0-6 game and that seems to have convinced everyone he's rubbish. He barely played after that in any case.

You have to remember he was leaving in the summer and seems RDM changed his mind hence him being involved in the first few games.

Hasn't been seen since Luton. That own goal was ridiculous so can understand why RDM lost faith in him from that moment and signed Chester the next day.

His injuries have robbed him of the pace he showed when he first broke into the team (and at his previous club). He has showed no signs of recovering that sort of speed which suggests he never will. His pace allowed him to recover from positioning errors and as we saw last season, he was caught out too often. On top of this his attitude absolutely stinks as evidence by his comments towards the start of pre-season. 

Clearly as things stand he is our third best centre half. He may do somethings better than Elphick but Elphick's intangibles (leadership and organisation skills) are far superior to Okore, making him a better presence and more effective player. Chester to me just looks a lot more solid and is the better all round player. 

2 hours ago, momo said:

Sure, that's how it works.... I have seen enough of him to know that he is good enough for Villa. But your opinion might differ.

Your living off his past games, truth is he has been shite for us ever since he came back from his injury. Maybe had a couple decent games but he us pants. His defensive e performance against league two Luton wAs embarrassing 

Â