Jores Okore

Jesperchr

It's absolutely no surprise that he was good in the first half with Baker. In the second half with Richards as a centre back partner the guy had no chance.

If I was to keep one of the two, it would be Okore 100% - at least he's shown he could be a good CB, unlike Richards,

• Like 2

Keep him - he's liable to have shocking games but when he gets a run in the side he's usually decent. 

I didn't see the Luton game thankfully but it sounds as though Richards wasted his last chance.

Okore isn't on his last chance yet, not from me anyway.  

I am shocked at how bad he has been the last 12 months or so. Seemed so full of promise at the start. In truth never looked all that good since his injury. 

19 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

^ Are you completely disregarding the partnership he had with Clark when they both were actually decent?

18 months ago?

I think Okore has the physical and technical ability to be a decent defender, but like Clark he's got 10 pence head. 

When we went moneyballing we must have made it policy to look for players deficient in brains and character. 

Hopeless. 4th choice at best and yet another massive disappointment. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

18 months ago?

I think Okore has the physical and technical ability to be a decent defender, but like Clark he's got 10 pence head. 

When we went moneyballing we must have made it policy to look for players deficient in brains and character. 

Hopeless. 4th choice at best and yet another massive disappointment. 

Sorry, was meant to quote kurtsimonw

Hes really short of confidence..... surely theres still a player in there? Really disappointing. Injuries have really slowed him down and he just looks bang average. Rather keep him than Richards if we had injuries though. 

8 hours ago, supermon said:

What happened to that fella that we all jizzed over watching that one YouTube clip of him vs Chelsea.

There's a good player in there somewhere, would keep him over Richards 

He joined a very shit Aston Villa team and **** his career.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jay.P.A said:

^ Are you completely disregarding the partnership he had with Clark when they both were actually decent?

Not sure where this myth came from but they were, and are, both shite.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

I think he will stay. He isn't beyond repair, not just yet.

He is, he is shot to shit. His legs have have gone just like Richards. Pale imitations of there former selves. He should bugger off back to the part time Danish League because he is nowhere near cut out for football in any of the top leagues.

He actually wasn't very good when he first arrived either, I think everyone got carried away because of that one champions league game he had years ago

23 minutes ago, KHV said:

He is, he is shot to shit. His legs have have gone just like Richards. Pale imitations of there former selves. He should bugger off back to the part time Danish League because he is nowhere near cut out for football in any of the top leagues.

He actually wasn't very good when he first arrived either, I think everyone got carried away because of that one champions league game he had years ago

Ok. :thumb:

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He joined a very shit Aston Villa team and **** his career.

Don't know why a player's lack of ability is often blamed on the quality of his team mates. A good player will shine even among the dross, and will shine even brighter alongside good players.

Edited by AntrimBlack
  • Like 1

I finally saw the light with him on wednesday. Im still chuckling to myself when I remember him running away from the ball the other night. No amount of cooling off period is going to wipe that from my memory banks. I dont know how shot Okore's confidence is but I have none in him anymore after witnessing that. Shame coz I wanted him to be great. Still Im done making excuses for them all. If this and if only that. Enough now.

Â