Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

Explain what he was doing here. Is it Richards fault the defense was exposed? Yes. Is it Richards fault that Okore doesn't know how to defend? No. 

Okore1.gif

Just before that Richards had basically flung himself at the ball and totally missed and left us totally open in the center.

Okra didn't do well there I agree but he was left exposed having 3 Luton players on him at first and he tried to second guess the player thinking was going to thread the ball through to the player on the right.   Amaze should have kept with the player on the right leaving Okore to cover the other guy?

Where is Hutton?   Not exactly busting a gut to get back.  He could at least have got close instead of giving the player do much time

5 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Just before that Richards had basically flung himself at the ball and totally missed and left us totally open in the center.

Okra didn't do well there I agree but he was left exposed having 3 Luton players on him at first and he tried to second guess the player thinking was going to thread the ball through to the player on the right.   Amaze should have kept with the player on the right leaving Okore to cover the other guy?

Where is Hutton?   Not exactly busting a gut to get back.  He could at least have got close instead of giving the player do much time

Richards done the same for the 3rd goal as well.  Flung his head at a ball out near the middle and was in a heap which left us a man down in the middle of CB again. 

10 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Explain what he was doing here. Is it Richards fault the defense was exposed? Yes. Is it Richards fault that Okore doesn't know how to defend? No. 

Okore1.gif

Isn't that Richards casually jogging back next to the referee? When he should be where Amavi is, tracking that player so Okore would never be caught in 2 minds (he shouldn't have been, but still) about who to track.

Seriously though, I just love how the player with the ball just nonchalantly rolls it in, probably thinking "wtf is that guy doing :lol: ".

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

Richards done the same for the 3rd goal as well.  Flung his head at a ball out near the middle and was in a heap which left us a man down in the middle of CB again. 

Actually think you are talking about the 3rd goal.  Richards flung his head at the second goal as well and was in a heap the one in which Okore scored the OG

4 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Agreed completely that Richards and and Hutton were lazy, but that piece of defending is something I'd have been embarrassed with when I was 12. It shows 1) a complete lack of awareness of what's going on around him and 2) a lack of understanding of how to defend a situation. 

Defence is exposed and left wide open because you have 1 or 2 men trying to cover 3 on the edge of our penalty area.  In those circumstances the central defender (ie Okore) is basically trying to second guess where the attacker is going and cover that.  he made an error but it was a corner he was backed into by Richards and Hutton

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Agreed completely that Richards and and Hutton were lazy, but that piece of defending is something I'd have been embarrassed with when I was 12. It shows 1) a complete lack of awareness of what's going on around him and 2) a lack of understanding of how to defend a situation. 

What you have all that awareness and understanding and skill and still not signed up by a League Club?

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Defence is exposed and left wide open because you have 1 or 2 men trying to cover 3 on the edge of our penalty area.  In those circumstances the central defender (ie Okore) is basically trying to second guess where the attacker is going and cover that.  he made an error but it was a corner he was backed into by Richards and Hutton

Just now, NIVillan said:

All these fans calling out Okore skill as a defender, I wonder what they would have done in what was basically a 3 on 1 situation.

Amavi is in position before the defender attempts to make a pass. It's a 1v2. Obviously it's not easy, but you  stay pretty much in a straight line to the player with the ball and either he makes an early pass and you can then move over, or he runs at you and you close him down and he loses the option to pass. Doing what he did is completely unacceptable and amateurish. 

• Like 2

If it wasn't for that video against Chelsea, I feel like many people would have given up on him much much sooner. Myself included. I've hoped and hoped that that video would be the standard for what we could expect but it's not going to happen is it. That match was very much a one-off.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Amavi is in position before the defender attempts to make a pass. It's a 1v2. Obviously it's not easy, but you  stay pretty much in a straight line to the player with the ball and either he makes an early pass and you can then move over, or he runs at you and you close him down and he loses the option to pass. Doing what he did is completely unacceptable and amateurish. 

Richards 100% causes the overload. No argument there but this is spot on. Amateurish decision making from Okore. It made me laugh when I was watching it. He sort of blindly follows the guy who he was picking up prior to Richards wandering off without realising Amavi could cover that run or that he should be defending the ball. Did he expect Amavi to cut in and close down the man on the ball? Pretty much any decision that wasnt running away would have been better.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

All these fans calling out Okore skill as a defender, I wonder what they would have done in what was basically a 3 on 1 situation.

Probably tracked the blatantly open player running onto goal (eventual goalscorer) waiting to receive the killer pass from the attacker and allowing the defender running with the attacker to keep doing so?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Probably tracked the blatantly open player running onto goal (eventual goalscorer) waiting to receive the killer pass from the attacker and allowing the defender running with the attacker to keep doing so?

We don't know if Amavi communicated to Okore that the man was covered.  When the attack first broke it was 3 on 1 with Okore left stranded.

Amavi did a similar thing for the first goal trying to anticipate the move he left things open.

I agree Okore didn't cover himself with glory here but he wasn't the only one to blame in the situation.

Amavi has positionally and defensively look dodgy but we let him off cause he was injured last season.

They do not work as a defensive unit which is often down to lack of Leadership. 

27 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

And then I'd probably try not to kick it into my own goal moments later. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

What you have all that awareness and understanding and skill and still not signed up by a League Club?

Who said I have all that awareness and skill? I said that what he did there would've embarrassed a 12 year old me. I was coached long before that, as a defender, to NOT RUN AWAY FROM THE BALL.

Â