Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Until proven otherwise I believe that he has currently been removed from the line of fire, and that RDM might find some use for him in the future.

5 hours ago, DamsonwoodVillan said:

I've said about a few of the players the same as I'll say about Okore... The last good game I remember him having was the Liverpool FA Cup Semi Final. That's a long while ago now. Since then he's been another cog in a dreadful machine of performers. 

and he was still to blame for their goal. Half arsing around with the ball in his own box.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Makes me a bit sad. I saw an interview with him just before he joined and he seemed to be such a calm, friendly and down to earth person, I just wanted to give him a big hug. I thought he was brilliant in his first games for us before he got injured. Not sure if he has ever really recovered from that injury. Obviously he hasn't been able to perfom for us in the last years so perhaps best for all if he leaves. Such a pity :(

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Why do people keep saying 'he refused to play for the club'

No he didn't, he refused to sit on the bench while Lescott and Richards were getting routinely picked by Eric Black despite them consistently putting in the most insipid performances the league has ever seen.

He wasn't right to do what he did, but don't rewrite history!

Not to mention he denied that he refused to play (or sit on the bench), as well as most evidence pointing to Black being a bit of a dickhead.

• Like 3

It was the Arsenal game last year when Giroud breezed past him from a standing start that I knew there was no coming back for this guy. I am not sure how much pace he had before he game but his body looks like it has just gone after those injuries.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I do wonder how things would have turned out if he didn't get that terrible injury in his first season. 

Oh, some British media might still have published mangled translations of original interviews made to Danish media, possibly with click-bait headlines that didn't relate to the actual content of the article in any meaningful way. Bacuna's alleged Champion's League aspirations springs to mind as well.

And some Villa fans would undoubtedly have slated any member of the Villa squad that appeared to think he was larger than the club. Funny, that - it seems to me that  generally speaking, anything Villa-related reported in UK media is treated with a healthy dose of scepticism - unless it portrays a current Villa player in a negative manner, that is.

An injury-free Okore might have turned out to be good enough for Villa, then again, he might not. He would still be an outspoken Dane though, not suffering fools lightly, and wanting first and foremost enough time on the pitch to be considered for the Danish national team/squad. Which was why he turned down a move to Chelsea in the first place.

But Eric Black still would have been Eric Black.

• Like 1

Â