Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Over the years, I've seen some dominating centre halves play for villa.....I don't see one in our squad today.

If Jores is carrying an injury, he shouldn't be playing.

I do feel at times we create too much mitigation for poor team performance.

I really liked the look of this guy after seeing him in his first couple of appearances for the club but, after the 6-1 thrashing at Southampton, he was on Twitter saying that "we will make up for it next week, and the week after". What a load of bollocks!

Actions speak louder than words Jores. Let your ability on the pitch do the talking and not false promises. Otherwise, you will have a short stay at Aston Villa.

He's very, very young for a centre half, and he's had a long spell out with injury, and been playing with different partners under different managers. Remember Clark at 22 (when he wasn't in midfield)?

Stick with him, he'll be an excellent centre half in the years to come. 

He's very, very young for a centre half, and he's had a long spell out with injury, and been playing with different partners under different managers. Remember Clark at 22 (when he wasn't in midfield)?

Stick with him, he'll be an excellent centre half in the years to come.

You might be right.

But we have been saying jam tomorrow with all sorts of players....it gets tedious.

Great prospect, still some aspects of his game that require work but that will come with games. He's had a torrid beginning to life with Aston Villa, I sincerely hope he can hit the ground running next season and I sincerely believe his experiences in England to date will make him stronger. He could be vital to us, especially if Vlaar is off.

That's how he played when he first game into the team this season and I dont know if was injury or confidence which stopped him playing like that

needs bring back the head bandage ;)

• Like 1

https://vimeo.com/53073475

Think we'll be seeing more of this next year.

what happened to him? he looked quicker and more assured on the ball. Injury must have screwed him a bit

• 1 month later...

Anyone know where he is? Haven't seen him in any of the training promo stuff, and not in the squad today...

Must be having talks with a club. Must want out of this sinking ship!

Hope he gets over his injury. This guy can be a beast and one of the top centre hands in the country. Wasn't just his fitness last season there was a lot of naivety and mistakes but you see glimpses of his quality and that Chelsea game certainly showed his ability.

A lot of potential not sure he will develop as baker and Clark are better than him at the moment

Hope he gets over his injury. This guy can be a beast and one of the top centre hands in the country. Wasn't just his fitness last season there was a lot of naivety and mistakes but you see glimpses of his quality and that Chelsea game certainly showed his ability.

A lot of potential not sure he will develop as baker and Clark are better than him at the moment

Baker is not better than him, and Baker and Clark is a poor pairing as we have seen over a number of years. My worry is that Richards stands in his way. Actually there are quite a lot of similarities between Okore and Richards, but Okore is more likely to develop IMO, and Richards is also probably now the best RB at the club. 

Still hope we sign another CB tbh. Baker and Senderos can't be relied upon to stay fit, and neither can Okore, but most of all real quality in that position would make a massive difference to our ability to win games. 

I think Baker currently is better than Okore to be honest, but it's fairly academic because both he and Clark prefer the left-sided CB slot as far as I can see. 

I think they both have a similar amount of potential, and am excited about both of them for the future. We have some decent options at CB. 

I think Baker currently is better than Okore to be honest, but it's fairly academic because both he and Clark prefer the left-sided CB slot as far as I can see.

I think they both have a similar amount of potential, and am excited about both of them for the future. We have some decent options at CB.

It's fairly academic because Baker can't play more than 2 games without getting injured!

People talking about pairings are absolutely on point.  Often the best players have a best mate, as it were.  I think Okore could be glorious with the right partner.  But worryingly I also think Clark could be immense with the right partner.  I'm just not sure the the two will ever truly excel when paired together, much as I admire their tender Bromance.  But I like them both individually.

Edited by Shomin Geki

Â