Jores Okore

Jesperchr

He's not fit. He's only training once a week and might need more surgery.

Taking that into account, he's done really well for us this year.

If he can get that knee properly sorted, there is a quality centre half there.

Just dosen't like he can run at all, like he's dragging a wrecking ball with one of his ankles.

He is nowhere near fully fit....I think he only started yesterday as Sherwood heard Walcott was starting and he'd have gone with Baker if it had been Giroud.

He needs a long rest this summer to get himself right as to me he has the physical attributes needed to succeed in this league as a centre half given time.

• Like 1

Every single defender (maybe with the exception of Senderos) struggles when next to Vlaar. Maybe we need to ask why? Okore and Clark were solid together - and yet both have struggled when they are alongside Vlaar.. he just doesn't communicate with his partner and often leaves space which causes problems for whoever is alongside him.

Vlaar is a right sided defender playing left side , when you play okore in vlaars position as we have done the last few games the defence becomes unbalanced by our own making. Why we play a lump at the expence of balance is a mystery unless baker is on crutches.

The 4th goal was an absolute joke, but in fairness he had a half decent game considering the crap around him, and this is a guy who is playing with an injury.

He shows glimpses of being a brilliant defender, he is young and most importantly he is putting his body on the line for the club. A player we must keep...

Taking that into account, Baker should have started, I think it was a selection mistake from Sherwood. 

Taking that into account, Baker should have started, I think it was a selection mistake from Sherwood.

Baker would have got a head injury

AVFC

Every single defender (maybe with the exception of Senderos) struggles when next to Vlaar. Maybe we need to ask why? Okore and Clark were solid together - and yet both have struggled when they are alongside Vlaar.. he just doesn't communicate with his partner and often leaves space which causes problems for whoever is alongside him.

Baker has always looked good next to Vlaar and Senderos looked really good next to Vlaar in the few matches they played together. Clark and Okore have not looked good playing with Vlaar. 

There was an incident in the second half when he miscontrolled which let Walcott in and Given had to save.

He just hasn't looked right this last month, it's clear the injury has severely hampered him actually running as he's quicker than what he showed v Southampton for example.

Hope the surgery fixes him for next season.

Okore was class in the final. I don't understand the criticism he gets. He had a poor touch after 20 seconds or so, but apart from that he didn't make any fouls, and he stopped Arsenal a lot of times and pressured Walcott as well. In Denmark people are often critical about the danish players performances, but after the match most medias said that he was Villa's best player, and i actually agree on that. (Maybe Richardson was better). 

People have started to blaim Jores for everything bad that is going on, and i think that is stupid, because he has put in some decent performances lately, but i guess that is the Villa way of seeing things. Everything is either very good or very bad. For instance Okore was called MOTM in here a lot of times when he got into the team in November or so, whether or not he played a good game. 

BTW he is not participating in the Under 21-championship this summer, as he has undergone a minor surgery that keeps him out for about a month.

Good post, I really like Jores. My brother who isn't a Villa fan was really impressed in the Cup final, and I thought he had a good game as well. I was genuinely surprised by the negative reaction he got on here. Yes he got pulled in and out of position a bit but against the amount of possession, pace and movement Arsenal had I think he did well. I hope his surgery goes well and he can have a decent pre-season and continue his partnership with Clark.

Okore was class in the final. I don't understand the criticism he gets. He had a poor touch after 20 seconds or so, but apart from that he didn't make any fouls, and he stopped Arsenal a lot of times and pressured Walcott as well. In Denmark people are often critical about the danish players performances, but after the match most medias said that he was Villa's best player, and i actually agree on that. (Maybe Richardson was better). 

People have started to blaim Jores for everything bad that is going on, and i think that is stupid, because he has put in some decent performances lately, but i guess that is the Villa way of seeing things. Everything is either very good or very bad. For instance Okore was called MOTM in here a lot of times when he got into the team in November or so, whether or not he played a good game. 

BTW he is not participating in the Under 21-championship this summer, as he has undergone a minor surgery that keeps him out for about a month.

Hi Jores :)

Â