Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

If he thinks there is a big decision to make between them and us then there is something badly wrong. Does this not set off alarm bells with some of you?

Thats if there is any truth in it in the first place, which i personally believe there is.

I no longer want him here, he has a chance to improve himself further in the prem and he's not sure about it?

I think that's a bit of a strong stance to take at this stage.we have no idea of the ins and outs of this deal. Al Jazeera could have offered him all the money in the world and he might be waiting for Villa to agree terms. he has only simply acknowledged Al Jazeera.its not as if he has said anything positive about them in the slightest.in fact all of his talk is about how much he wants to play in the premier league

Got a funny feeling it isn't us....

Wish it was though! Would be the icing on a cake if we can land him this early into the transfer window to give him a decent pre-season. There may even be a cherry to follow....!!! Wowsa...

What would his wages be?

id say they would be the highest we would have negotiated this summer

£50k or so? I know he's not on a 'major wage' right now in France but I guess that doesn't have any relevance to what he will demand.

I'd give him whatever wages Ireland is on then ship out Ireland to Stoke.

trouble with that strategy is the actual getting rid of Ireland if not we're stuck with him and his extortionate wages

My french isn't good enough to translate but if someone on here could .... http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11bloq_reprise-conference-de-presse-mhsc_sport#.UczBkpzfLVt

Montpellier news conference on 27/06/2013 - might shed more light than the SSN article

One of the Montpellier people (not the chairman but someone sitting next to him) said they've agreed terms with two clubs for Belhanda and now it's up to the player to choose. When asked which clubs, he didn't answer directly but said "you more or less know...".

So I guess the clubs concerned were whoever the French media were talking about yesterday. Was one of those Villa?

Edited by NormandyVillan

we have been linked with him the most. Kiev and Al Jazeera were strongly linked the last few days but the Al Jazeera spokesmen said they hadn't bid but enquired only.

Newcastle have come in late for him it seems.

Reason why i think it is us is because Bentekke will only sign an extension if we get at least one signing of the calibar of Belhanda. It does show ambition.

On top of that i was told on Wednesday that there was a very good player coming in over the next few days. Dont think it was the norwich keeper either. Big jump i know in my belief, but hey ho

My french isn't good enough to translate but if someone on here could .... http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11bloq_reprise-conference-de-presse-mhsc_sport#.UczBkpzfLVt

Montpellier news conference on 27/06/2013 - might shed more light than the SSN article

One of the Montpellier people (not the chairman but someone sitting next to him) said they've agreed terms with two clubs for Belhanda and now it's up to the player to choose. When asked which clubs, he didn't answer directly but said "you more or less know...".

So I guess the clubs concerned were whoever the French media were talking about yesterday. Was one of those Villa?

Thanks for translating .... Mercato quoted al jazira and dynamo Kiev as the only two suitors left in the race.

Thanks for translating .... Mercato quoted al jazira and dynamo Kiev as the only two suitors left in the race.

Belhanda himself says that he now has the opportunity to play in the Prem which is where he wants to go.

Its all a bit strange really but in regards to Newcastle, I really can't see Kinnear trying to sign him especially with the midfielders they have already.