Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Let's be honest, he averaged like 1 in 7 in a poor league so I wouldn't hold my breath that this guy is going to bang them in left right and centre.

He obviously has incredible confidence in himself so must have a good strike but he really needs to learn exactly when the right time to shoot is. You just can't be that wasteful in this league.

I don't really think Lambert needs to go mad at him because as a professional footballer Tonev will be frankly embarrassed after that display, he knows how bad he was and hopefully this is the catalyst for him to improve his decision making on the football pitch.

He has loads of ability but he was dreadful today. I know he puts them in from 30 yards but he's got to stop being the hero and doing nothing but trying to score screamers. People writing him off are idiotic. He's exactly what we need, the x factor.

Shocking performance today from Tonev. Not only was he bad, he was selfish. Bad combination of attributes.

That said, if I was Lambert, I'd put him right back in the starting XI against Spurs, and let him try to redeem himself. 

Shocking performance today from Tonev. Not only was he bad, he was selfish. Bad combination of attributes.

That said, if I was Lambert, I'd put him right back in the starting XI against Spurs, and let him try to redeem himself. 

Yes I agree with that. Its one thing saying he has the ability but that was as poor and selfish performance I have seen from a villa player in a long time.

Hmm.... really want this lad to be a player. But just don't see it. He must be doing something in training which he cant do in a match.

Possibly, but I don't think the limited match time we've seen so far proves he won't make it with us.

Oh you're quite right. As I said, he must be doing something good in training and Lambert obviously see's a player there. Just hope we get to see that player sooner rather than later.

It can only get better when he's sold. Simples.

Talk about over reacting. Lambert just needs to tell him to stop trying so hard to impress by scoring a wonder goal and just keep it simple until he settles into the league

I don't think you will find many who will write him off after just one game but the fact remains for me (IMO) that that was the worst debut I can remember seeing in a Villa shirt.

That was like a poor pub player out there, it was that bad.

If he makes it here, the improvement will have to be truly staggering. Let's hope it is for his sake and ours.

That was so bad from Tonev it was quite funny (I can find it funny probably just because we won though). 

It reminded me of when I played 5-a-side and there was a lad too fat to play 11-a-side but he thought he was good at 5-a-side because he could smash the ball hard. All he did was stand upfront on the left wing and smash the ball whenever he got it. 

Â