Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Honestly, I don't care if they are born on Antarctica as long Lambert thinks they can do a job..

Well with that attitude no wonder England are so shit... Of course it matters. Luckily we have already got at least 4 English regular starters but don't want us to become a Fulham full of unknown foreign players. It is important to most fans to have homegrown players and recent history shows we have more success from English signings then foreign

Honestly, I don't care if they are born on Antarctica as long Lambert thinks they can do a job..

If Lambert thinks penguins can do a job...well, we have to give him the benefit of the doubt I s'pose.

Lambert presents the new signings

tumblr_m636anT5pZ1rxdvy7o1_500.gif

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 3

Well with that attitude no wonder England are so shit... Of course it matters. Luckily we have already got at least 4 English regular starters but don't want us to become a Fulham full of unknown foreign players. It is important to most fans to have homegrown players and recent history shows we have more success from English signings then foreign

Villa comes before England.

Also, so what if they're "unknown"? They'll only be unknown at first and it's not like our English signings are that "known" either.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

Villa comes before England.

speak for yourself  ;)

The one young english player i'd see worth the outlay is Will Hughes.

I actually forced myself to watch a Championship game last week just to see him play.

He was head and shoulders above everyone else against Blackburn, granted a crap team in a crap league but Hughes really dominated the midfield.

I watched him a few times last season too even thou i loath the type of football played  by many teams in the Championship and then he was very good for his age, now he was on another level.

IMO he's already better than the likes of Delph and being 5 years younger the potential is scary, unless he falls in the same trap as many young english players with alcohol, money, lack of discipline and injuries...

There's clearly much better value to be had outside of England. This doesn't necessarily refer to English players - but there's none of them playing for foreign clubs that can be picked up on the cheap.

I reckon Lambert would rather bring in someone from a lower league club, as they would be lower risk in terms of settling in - language/culture etc. He obviously doesn't think there's anyone available who could improve us like Lowton or Westwood did - or if there is he can't get a deal for them like he did with those two.

Lighten up buddy.If you can't joke about your political beliefs what can you joke about?

This from a smelly leftie.

But yeah, I'd like another winger.

Edited by StefanAVFC

If Lambert thinks penguins can do a job...well, we have to give him the benefit of the doubt I s'pose.

Lambert presents the new signings

tumblr_m636anT5pZ1rxdvy7o1_500.gif

Did you not get enough of Ash Young diving without bringing more to the club. No feckin experience either. Lambert out!!

• Like 1

I really think we have spread to thinly this summer - I think we would have been better with 2 or 3 really good players, rather than 6 'iffy' ones. We needed impact at first 11 - not extra fringe players.

100% how i feel to.

'Bar Okore the signings are "iffy" but with potential

I really think we have spread to thinly this summer - I think we would have been better with 2 or 3 really good players, rather than 6 'iffy' ones. We needed impact at first 11 - not extra fringe players.

This!

Yeah totally agree. Other then okore and maybe luna, are any of these signings going to be regular first teamers?!? No.